Class of 2020, where are you going?

Similar to this thread. Where has everybody been accepted to? What are you most excited about going there? Are you looking to be involved in FIRST still?

I’m going around the corner to Michigan Tech. I think it’ll be cool meeting all the FRC people going there. And if my course load allows it, mentoring a small team might be something I’d do.

6 Likes

I’m bouncing between Michigan Tech and NDSU. Leaning more towards NDSU because it’s closer to home. I’ll definitely be looking to mentor a team in a year or two!

3 Likes

I’m probably going to end up at University of Minnesota for computer science and specifically artificial intelligence. I’ve actually been talking to mentors on a team by the university so I could mentor them as well.

2 Likes

I’ve committed to Georgia Tech already. Hopefully will be able to do some FIRST volunteering/mentoring while I’m there.

4 Likes

fwiw tech is p chill

1 Like

I’m heading to Wentworth Institute of Technology for computer engineering this fall. Definitely looking to mentor a team or volunteer in whatever capacity I can.

2 Likes

Hey I’m like 95% sure I’ll end up going to Georgia Tech!

2 Likes

Committed to University of Cincinnati to study Communication Design focusing on Interaction Design. Really hope I can mentor some FIRST teams in the area but I don’t believe there are many around there.

1 Like

There’s quite a few FRC teams in the Cincinnati area. I believe there’s a total of 7 teams there now.

2 Likes

I know one great team in Cincy is 4028, the Beak Squad. They are a consistently awesome team.

4 Likes

Just as a reminder, @AriMB made this great thread where current or past college students talk about their universities. Feel free to head to that thread to find someone to talk to about your decision making or if you were about to post “that’s awsome, let me know if you have any questions about _______” in response to one of the posts on this thread.

7 Likes

I had no idea. Good to know!

1 Like

Not sure if UC Berkeley decisions are out yet, but anyone interested in low-commitment mentoring for a local team (walking distance to campus and dorms) should message me.

2 Likes

I am going to San Diego State University

5 Likes

They will be out on Thursday evening if you’re wondering

1 Like

I’m currently between Texas A&M, University of Florida, and possibly USC (I haven’t been accepted there yet - I find out tomorrow, March 26 so that can have an effect on my options). I want to go into aerospace engineering, with my interest being specifically astronautical engineering. So, if anyone has any advice about any of those colleges, it would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m going to Case Western Reserve University, Aerospace Engineering major. Is anyone on the same school with me?

3 Likes

Most likely CalPoly SLO for Architecture.

2 Likes

It’s down to the finalists. Not sure who’s taking the Blue Computer Science Banner though. Clarkson vs Western New England. I’ve been to WNE 1, Clarkson 0. I was supposed to attend Accepted Students Day at Clarkson and WNE on April 4th and 5th respectively. As you know, Covid19 has been a pain.

I do plan on continuing my experience in FIRST. Clarkson has a direct affiliation with Team 229, and WNE has teams nearby. The downside to WNE would be the lack of transportation.

So right now, it's a tight race. Read on for more...

Potsdam is a small place, and is 4 hours away from where I live; Springfield is a medium sized city, and is only 1.5 hours away.

Having visited WNE, it is a very nice campus, pretty small, and carries the perk of maxing out at 30 students in one class. There are no lecture halls- major plus for my preferred learning environment.

I’m committed to Vanderbilt University, where I’ll be studying human and organizational development!

I’m hoping to get involved with FIRST in some fashion. People have warned me against mentoring, but I want to see if I can at least volunteer at Smoky Mountain/Memphis/Rocket City.

4 Likes