Class of 2020, where are you going?

At tech, they have an Organization called “Copper Country Robotics” that is dedicated to helping out FRC teams and volunteering at events. I believe we’re (I am a part of said student organization) actually working with MTU to get the FIRST community at tech more centralized. You could throw a stone at a crowd of people here, and 90% of the time they are both a Mechanical Engineer and were involved with FIRST in some way.

1 Like

Volunteering is an excellent idea. Finite, scheduled time commitments are a great way to not accidentally over-burden yourself, while staying connected. Mentoring itself isn’t bad - it’s when mentoring is the cause of loosing focus on your studies and all the other excellent things that happen at college.

3 Likes

I will be attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute for Data Science.

19 Likes

Going down the road to Youngstown State University for Mechanical Engineering.

I’m a petroleum engineering student at Texas A&M right now, the first year here you will learn very little about your specific major, and you apply from the general engineering program to your specific degree at the end of freshman year. A&M is an awesome school with stuff always going on, I’d really recommend it. I’ve loved it here. idk if you’ve toured A&M but the zachary engineering center is an awesome building, despite some classes giving me ptsd.

2 Likes

what size polo are you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Medium :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Montana State University: Bozeman
Double major Mechanical and Electrical Engineering

I am committed to Western New England for Mechanical Engineering, hoping to stay involved and volunteer at events.

(full disclosure I am not an engineer)
I’ve heard back from every school I’ve applied to now and I have 3-ish options

American
Temple
Boston University Guaranteed transfer program

BU was my #1 choice but I can’t just “commit”. I could go to Temple for one year and transfer, or I could go to American and maybe stay for 4 years but likely transfer.
It’s just tough committing to a school knowing that you likely won’t be there after a year.

2 Likes

I will be studying in the School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Pennsylvania this fall. I will most likely major in Computer Science.

6 Likes

I’ll be studying Plan 2 (and something else, haven’t decided) at the University of Texas at Austin this fall. Might drop by @Coach_Norm’s workshop on the weekends :grinning:

4 Likes

Awesome.
Woohoo.
Congrats. UT Is fortunate to such an amazing scholar coming.
Most definitely come out and visit. My email is nmorgan@eanesisd.net and my cell # is 512-300-1154.
Stay healthy and see you soon

Norman

5 Likes

I’ll be studying Electrical Engineering at Purdue University come fall

5 Likes

A fine choice, much better than the “other PI”…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Not to downplay FIRST but I would recommend not factoring availability of mentorship into your decision (or at least have it be very low). There is a lot more that a university has to offer, and FIRST will be there when you graduate. I’d recommend reading this which I think is pretty relevant here.

8 Likes

Still not committed yet, but I’m pretty settled on attending Carnegie Mellon University next year for computer science and music as a double major.

2 Likes

I will be attending Johns Hopkins University next fall. I’d love to meet fellow FRC students who are blue jays, so feel free to PM me!

1 Like

While I haven’t fully committed yet, I will also likely be committing to WPI for Mechanical Engineering.

6 Likes

Not fully committed, but heavily leaving towards University of Tennessee Knoxville for Architecture. Also looking at Cal Poly SLO, so @itsYoshi we should definitely talk (PM me!). If I end up at UTK, I’m excited to volunteer at SMR!