Disclaimer: I’m lawyering the rules…
From section 5.3 it seems like you could be credited points for ending the game on your opponents HAB level. For example if you were already on their side of the field playing defense and their 3 bots climbed to level 3, level 2, and level 2; you could safely drive up to level 1 at the end of the match and not risk a G13 penalty.
From 5.3 Scoring
For the purposes of assessing SANDSTORM and HAB Climb Bonuses described in Table 5-1, a ROBOT is considered to have started from, or climbed to, a HAB Level if:
- the ROBOT’S BUMPERS are fully above the Level’s platform and
- the ROBOT is only supported by:
- surfaces of the HAB PLATFORM at or above that Level,
- ALLIANCE WALL, and/or
- another ROBOT which has climbed to that HAB Level or higher
I did find 2 counter points in the manual, but since the section explicitly stating how HAB Climb Bonuses are assessed does not mention it having to be their HAB I thought it was worth arguing. Here are the 2:
ALLIANCES are rewarded for accomplishing various actions throughout the course of a MATCH, including ROBOT movement while DRIVERS are blind, repairing their ROCKETS by installing HATCH PANELS, loading their space craft with CARGO, returning to their HAB PLATFORM, and winning or tying MATCHES.
T-minus 2:15: The SANDSTORM clears, and human operators take control of their ROBOTS. ALLIANCES continue to score points by:
- Preparing ROCKETS and CARGO SHIP with HATCH PANELS
- Loading more CARGO pods
- Returning the ROBOT safely to the ALLIANCE’s HAB