Code deploys successfully in IDE but shows "NO ROBOT CODE" error on driver station

As the title suggests I can deploy code successfully in WPI Lib VS Code with no errors(as far as I can see) however whenever I go to my driver station I receive the error message about no robot code. I have communication with the bot according to the driver station and I can ping the bot successfully.
So far I have:
-re-imaged the rio
-Created a new project and rewrote all code
-Tried various bug fixes
-re-imaged the new PDH
Another error I am currently having is that the talon srx’s controlling the brushed motors cannot connect to my computer through the phoenix tuner so I can double check the firmware. If you have any suggestion I can and will follow I can and will try it. Any suggestions at all are helpful. Deploy log below.

Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)
Driver Station reported IP: 10.8.68.2

Task :discoverroborio
Discovering Target roborio
Using [email protected]:22 for target roborio

Task :deployprogramKillroborioroborio
-C-> sed -i -e ‘s/“exec /”/’ /usr/local/frc/bin/frcRunRobot.sh @ /home/lvuser
-[-1]
-C-> . /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser
-C-> sed -i -e ‘s/^StartupDLLs/;StartupDLLs/’ /etc/natinst/share/ni-rt.ini @ /home/lvuser
-[-1]

Task :deployjrefrcJavaroborio
-C-> if [[ -f “/usr/local/frc/JRE/bin/java” ]]; then echo OK; else echo MISSING; fi @ /tmp
-[-1]-> OK

Artifact skipped

Task :deployrobotCommandfrcJavaroborio
-C-> echo '/usr/local/frc/JRE/bin/java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -Djava.lang.invoke.stringConcat=BC_SB -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib -jar “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar” ’ > /home/lvuser/robotCommand @ /home/lvuser
-[-1]
-C-> chmod +x /home/lvuser/robotCommand; chown lvuser /home/lvuser/robotCommand @ /home/lvuser

Task :deployfrcStaticFileDeployroborio
-C-> mkdir -p @ /home/lvuser/deploy
-[1]
1 file(s) are up-to-date and were not deployed

Task :deployfrcJavaroborio
-F-> C:\Users\cam12\OneDrive\Desktop\FixedTalon\build\libs\FixedTalon.jar → FixedTalon.jar @ /home/lvuser
-C-> chmod +x “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar”; chown lvuser “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar” @ /home/lvuser

Task :deploynativeZipsfrcJavaroborio
27 file(s) are up-to-date and were not deployed
-C-> chmod -R 777 “/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib” || true; chown -R lvuser:ni “/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib” @ /usr/local/frc/third-party/lib
-C-> ldconfig @ /usr/local/frc/third-party/lib

Task :deployprogramStartfrcJavaroborio
-C-> sync @ /home/lvuser
-C-> . /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t -r 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 25s
13 actionable tasks: 13 executed

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

Most likely your robot code is crashing. What appears in the DriverStation console window or DSLog window within vscode? It should be showing the messages from the robot code running, including a an error message and stack trace. Sharing that along with a link to your robot code (e.g. on GitHub) will give us the information needed to help you.

1 Like

Nothing showed up in the Rio log but I do have an error in the driver station (ERROR  -44019  FRC: The mDNS service is slow to respond. Check firewall settings.  Driver Station ) this error might be from before I deployed though. My repo is: https://github.com/GreatfulGrey/Crash-Bot_21-22-main/tree/Talon

You need to update your Phoenix vendordep… you’re using 5.19.4, the 2022 library is currently 5.20.2.

You should also upgrade to WPILib 2022.2.1. 2022.1.1 has a nasty loss of joystick control bug.

1 Like

I updated the Phoenix vendordep to the current version and tried redeploying several times. All I am getting is the same
ERROR  -44019  FRC: The mDNS service is slow to respond. Check firewall settings.  Driver Station 
Except in triplicate now and my terminal looks like
Driver Station reported IP: 10.8.68.2

Task :discoverroborio
Discovering Target roborio
Using [email protected]:22 for target roborio

Task :deployprogramKillroborioroborio
-C-> sed -i -e ‘s/“exec /”/’ /usr/local/frc/bin/frcRunRobot.sh @ /home/lvuser
-[-1]
-C-> . /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser
-C-> sed -i -e ‘s/^StartupDLLs/;StartupDLLs/’ /etc/natinst/share/ni-rt.ini @ /home/lvuser

Task :deployjrefrcJavaroborio
-C-> if [[ -f “/usr/local/frc/JRE/bin/java” ]]; then echo OK; else echo MISSING; fi @ /tmp
-[-1]-> OK

Artifact skipped

Task :deployrobotCommandfrcJavaroborio
-C-> echo '/usr/local/frc/JRE/bin/java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -Djava.lang.invoke.stringConcat=BC_SB -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib -jar “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar” ’ > /home/lvuser/robotCommand @ /home/lvuser
-C-> chmod +x /home/lvuser/robotCommand; chown lvuser /home/lvuser/robotCommand @ /home/lvuser

Task :deployfrcStaticFileDeployroborio
-C-> mkdir -p @ /home/lvuser/deploy
-[-1]

Task :deployfrcJavaroborio
-C-> chmod +x “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar”; chown lvuser “/home/lvuser/FixedTalon.jar” @ /home/lvuser

Task :deploynativeZipsfrcJavaroborio
27 file(s) are up-to-date and were not deployed
-C-> chmod -R 777 “/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib” || true; chown -R lvuser:ni “/usr/local/frc/third-party/lib” @ /usr/local/frc/third-party/lib
-C-> ldconfig @ /usr/local/frc/third-party/lib
-[-1]

Task :deployprogramStartfrcJavaroborio
-C-> sync @ /home/lvuser
-[-1]
-C-> . /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t -r 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 5s
13 actionable tasks: 11 executed, 2 up-to-date

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

Whenever I try to connect to the talons on the bot via usb cable using phoenix tuner I get the error message

Is Diagnostic Server installed and RIO boot complete? Connecting to http://172.22.11.2.1250 Ok

The terminal output looks like
Connecting to roboRIO… (02/01/2022 7:17 AM)
Connected sucessfully.
Writing files…
Written file: /home/lvuser/PhoenixDiagnosticsProgram (PhoenixDiagnosticsProgram)
Written file: /tmp/frcdebug (frcdebug)
Written file: /home/lvuser/robotDebugCommand (robotDebugCommand)
Starting Temporary Diagnostics Server
. /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser
Updating File Write Permissions
Syncing filesystem to ensure files are on the flash
Starting Temporary Diagnostics Server
. /etc/profile.d/natinst-path.sh; /usr/local/frc/bin/frcKillRobot.sh -t -r 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser

Duration: 00:00:04.66
I think it may be something with the talons because I also cannot connect to them to edit/see the firmware or other utilities. I have updated the firmware before this year on this device however my computer no longer connects to it.

I don’t know what series of events caused this but I did get tis in the RIO log

• Info roboRIO: Game data update “” received by Robot
1 Like

That reads like a successful deploy, and also a successful Phoenix diagnostic server startup.

Specifically what problems are you having right now?

No talons show up on the diagnostic server and the no robot code error show up within the driver station.

The code on github doesn’t compile. Are you sure that code you posted on github is the same code you’re trying to deploy?

C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Robotics\Crash-Bot_21-22-main\src\main\java\frc\robot\Drivetrain.java:31: error: cannot access Sendable
        right.set(speed);
             ^
  class file for edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.Sendable not found
1 error

Besides the fact that it doesn’t compile, the project in your logs is called FixedTalon, but what’s posed to github is called Crash-Bot_21-22-main. The code on github also still has the old Phoenix vendordep.

1 Like

The link you posted on Github is not using the correct vendordep.

Consequently, it’s the reason your code isn’t compiling.

Sorry all, I had been testing the new vendor dep in my IDE and hadn’t pushed it to github for you to see. I also had some problems pushing this to my original repo because this is a different file I created from my original repo. Here is the new branch link

Basically, I changed from a brand new rev pdh to a pdp, reinstalled rio firmware, and restarted the rio. That fixed everything

How did you find that new version? The latest json and maven repos still reference an old version (5.19.4).

From the main software page on their webpage: Software

Ah, didn’t notice the JSON url changed.

So for anyone stumbling across this, the JSON changed from Phoenix-latest.json to Phoenix-frc2022-latest.json.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.