Colorado Regional Hype?

COLORADO HYPE!
I missed the old regional threads so I wanted to bring ours back however since I’ve been going to the Colorado Regional for a long time I also wanted to provide some info about the area for our out of state guests.

1. There is neighborhood parking in the area and a lot of it is free also there is a large parking lot (Noble just pointed out I should’ve been paying for that parking whoops).
  2. Outside food or drink is not allowed in the venue, they have a place that sells food inside the building but they have searched bags for food and drink in the past when people were ignoring the rules.
  3. Being a college campus a lot of different food places have cropped within walking distance of the venue including the world’s first Chipotle. Within 3 minutes there is also a grocery store if you are so inclined.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions. See ya round.

4 Likes

In lieu of a map right now, how far of a walk is it, compared to paid parking?

Thanks for the info!

Gonna say an extra block or two for most spots. There is some sneaky hidden parking that I’ve managed to snag every other year and there are actually two entrances to the venue which I will highlight on the map.
I’m gonna look foolish if I post a map showing contrary info later on but I’ll double down.
An extra block or two.

Colorado is going to be an amazing competition, with so many Colorado teams building their best robot yet, and so many good teams coming in from out of the state.

Also to do a little plugging of my own team, we recently launched a match prediction twitter bot that will be predicting qualification matches during the Colorado regional.

https://twitter.com/Nautilus_1410

3 Likes

A quick correction. The lot itself is NOT free, it’s usually $10. If you’re in the know, drive one block East from the main lot on Bucktel and University, turn left, and you will find free neighborhood parking with no time limit. These close spots disappear early however, though they continue East for a number of blocks.

2 Likes

I said it was paid…

1 Like

Oops, I misread your original post, Waldo, sorry

edit: hey you edited it

2 Likes

Turns out one of our other mentors bought some parking passes, so we’re all set on that. And they’re finding food for us, too.

This is a fun regional! lots of great folks. We have a couple fun matches in the morning, we’ll see how our ranking holds out :slight_smile:
anyways, we’re off to the scouting meeting…

3 Likes

Nice Job today guys. Looking forward to playing with you tomorrow!

1 Like

This was a fun regional! Thanks for the hospitality. Congrats 1619.1410 and 4068 on the well earned win. And Sprockets for the Chairman’s Award.

5 Likes

3 wild cards was a new one for me.

3 Likes

Jim, it was great to meet you in person after all these years. Your team and your robot are fantastic, congrats on the wild card.

1 Like

Likewise , great to meet you too. Your team built a beautiful robot, it was good to see you in elims after all the hassles you’ve been through this year. Best of luck in Utah!

1 Like

There were a lot of good robots competing at several competitive regionals this weekend, but I hope 1619 doesn’t get lost in the mix. 10-0 with a ranking score of 3.7 is really impressive. I think they’re gonna make one of their deepest runs yet at the championship.

5 Likes

That was an amazing regional. Good luck to all teams competing at the Utah regional next week!

3 Likes

Thank you to 2996 and 1339 for putting your trust into us and joining our alliance. We are sorry that we were unable to perform to our full potential.

2 Likes

It was no surprise to me that 1619 is making some of the most innovative and impressive robots in FRC, and that they went undefeated throughout the quals. It is incredibly hard to make incremental improvements every year once you’ve reached a high level, with no “off” years, yet 1619 has managed to keep a streak at least since 2013.

Also want to say that 1410 and 2240 made their most impressive robots ever this time. Everyone I spoke to knew that 1410 deserved to be the top pick of the top seed. 2240 has the most amazing climb of any robot I’ve seen this year, it looks like a Boston Dynamics machine when it is climbing. I love to see both these teams do so well! Warms my heart.

4 Likes

We got to pit next to Up-A-Creek, and it was definitely a pleasure! They are a class act, and the robot is a work of art.

And the 1410 pick did not surprise me at all, it was well deserved.

4 Likes

Thanks. We know it’s the best bot we’ve ever built, so we’re not ready to be done with the season and are hoping for a waitlist slot for Houston.

3 Likes

Thanks! Our team worked incredibly hard to make this happen, and we are incredibly proud of the results. We can’t wait to compete at Houston.

1 Like