come to the NYC regional

Hey for all you people considering another regional may i suggest the NYC regional. I dunno i see a trend of people liking to do the mid atlantic regionals but the east coast isn’t that bad either. There is just no otehr city like it, so itz a truly unique experiance. I love to travel so i can say that nyc has a chemistry that i haven’t seen anywhere else, hope to see you people there

The regional is full.

whoa, itz full with 27 teams, is it the smallest regional? hmm they should opne up more spots we can hold it.

its not gonna be at columbia university anymore, its going to be at riverhead park or something like that. I dont think its as big.

TENKAI

Riverbank State Park is a very small place. Since you guys are from NYC you may want to take the 1 or 9 train to 145th and walk down the hill

*Originally posted by Evildoughgrl334 *
**Hey for all you people considering another regional may i suggest the NYC regional. I dunno i see a trend of people liking to do the mid atlantic regionals but the east coast isn’t that bad either. There is just no otehr city like it, so itz a truly unique experiance. I love to travel so i can say that nyc has a chemistry that i haven’t seen anywhere else, hope to see you people there **

Once we get done wasting our money on things such as welding, molding, and something called the kit of parts, we’ll think about going to another reginoal.

Thanks for the nice infomercial post about the beneffits of going to NYC, but some of us really can’t go now.

*Originally posted by JosephM *

Once we get done wasting our money on things such as welding, molding, and something called the kit of parts, we’ll think about going to another reginoal.

Thanks for the nice infomercial post about the beneffits of going to NYC, but some of us really can’t go now. **

Don’t worry we’re full anyway, and also you don’t have to reply to a post if you’re not coming

To all NYC Regional participants-

I just completed a site survey of the Riverbank State
Park where the NYC Regional is scheduled to be
held- it is a really, really cozy but small place.

The seating capacity is very, very limited.

The food source in the area is very, very limited and
far away.

The pit to playing field requires going outdoors for 20 feet.
(Let us all prey for warm and sunny weather)

Oh… the view is pretty nice.

(Columbia U. why did you kick FIRST out? I feel like a homeless… )

:frowning:

FIRST should have ponyed up some dough for the best city in the world to have the best regional. We could have had the regionals at the Jacob Javitz center, which would have allowed probably about 70 or 80 teams if not more. Now that would have been cool.

TENKAI

Wow, NYC Regional at the Jacob Javitz Center.
That would be so cool!

Actually that place is so big it can hold the Nationals!
:wink:

*Originally posted by Rich Wong *
**Wow, NYC Regional at the Jacob Javitz Center.
That would be so cool!

Actually that place is so big it can hold the Nationals!
:wink: **

I don’t think nats in the Javits center would be a good idea because there is no place to sit.

im sure there are bleachers there somewhere. the place is so freakin huge, we could probably host the nationals there and have every team attend. that would be super cool.

*Originally posted by Moshingkow *
**FIRST should have ponyed up some dough for the best city in the world to have the best regional. We could have had the regionals at the Jacob Javitz center, which would have allowed probably about 70 or 80 teams if not more. Now that would have been cool.

TENKAI **

ummm… FIRST isn’t supposed to “pony up dough” for any regional. Seeing as how FIRST is a non-profit and doesn’t make nearly enough from registration fees to cover a regional, all regionals are supposed to be funded by regional sponsors. So if NYC can’t afford a good regional, it’s cause the regional staff isn’t working hard enough to get sponsors. If the regional directors there tried to spend more than they made, then FIRST would end up having to steal money from another regional, which makes my mom VERY unhappy…

Sorry to see the Bulls won’t be there:(

Hey does anyone know why the only hotel being offered is in NJ? We are thinking about staying on the upper west side again. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know anything about the West End Suites? $60 a night but shared bathrooms. (European style)