Comp. Party

Um… i’m not sure weather this post should be here or in the chit-chat form. but anyway…

I heard that there won’t be anymore parties after the regionals on sat. night for the 03’ season. Or mabey is was that they would be much smaller or something. Was this because of something that happened at a regional last year, or did i read wrong?

EDIT

I found this from a post a while a go dissusing the ‘first’ form.

Quote–

Due to the skull cracking incident, FIRST has been notified by their insurance company that they are no longer allowed to have music, dancing, or fun (just kidding ) at the team parties. This was not FIRST’s decision, it was the insurance companies. The parties will be shorter, and “any entertainment or activities will be targeted to decompressing the students.” Everything from skill competitions to jugglers and talent shows were proposed, but the Team Party (which is now officially called the Team Social) will not resemble those of the rescent past.

–End Quote

Where did the ‘skull cracking incident’ occure?

the incident was at nationals during the Mandy Moore concert when someone decided to crowd surf and got dropped

A stoned/drunk man dressed as a bunny jumped off the stage @ a local Blink 182 concert :rolleyes:

What has this world come to?

---- EDIT ------

Noone cought him :frowning:

Here in Cleveland during the party at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame they had some people on stage and some kid tried to crowd surf, but then he reached the end of the group of people willing to hold him up, and fell on his head. He didn’t crack his skull as far as I know, but did have some issues brainwise.

Don’t care if they make the party a lil’ shorter just want the parties to happen. length of time is not relevant. just needs to be enough so that the members can have a good time and really get to know one another

Ha ha. Let’s all make fun of the kid who was dropped on their head.

I’m not that bored.

*Originally posted by Michael Krass *
**Ha ha. Let’s all make fun of the kid who was dropped on their head.

I’m not that bored. **

i dont think that is appropiate :mad:

I’m saddened (if this is true) that the team parties will be reduced just because of the actions of a few people. Doesn’t a person who is going to crowd surf know they are putting their safety into the hands of others?? Unfortuantely accidents happen, and a small amount of responsibility is on the people who are supporting the surfer; still, it’s the person who decides to crowd surf. Oh well, at least the parties aren’t totally gone.

No, now they are reduced to a mere Team SOCIAL, which means no music, so no dance.

from what i remember they are in no way supposed to “get us riled up” they will be designed to calm us down…:o

they all suck anyways, i would always go back to the hotel and strategize for the next day since all the partys happened on friday night.

*Originally posted by David Kelly *

i dont think that is appropiate :mad: **

I don’t think you’re appreciating the true message.

*Originally posted by Ricksta121 *
**they all suck anyways, i would always go back to the hotel and strategize for the next day since all the partys happened on friday night. **

Just stay at your hotel and play PS2 and Uno! Woot!

*Originally posted by falco269 *
**Just stay at your hotel and play PS2 and Uno! Woot! **

People should organize massive lan parties for right after regionals, or (because some teams attend more than one regional, which might preclude their involvement), regions should organize their own lan parties.

Hmm… I think we should really look into this. Too bad we all live so far apart (for the most part).

But anyway, the reason I’m quoting that is… ummm… yeah! GTA3 AND CARD GAMES! wppt.

Invent a game…I did and look where it took me…

Mountain Dew Bowling brought me “fame”

so many times i get:

“hey your the mountain dew bowling dude” :smiley:

I invented the ‘Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy’ thing…not sure how many people know about that. Me and some friends from the team went around yelling hey and tried to get other people to join in. It was cool. And I’m easily ammused.

Also…why would you crowd surf at a Many Moore concert? Only about 2 dozen people stayed to watch it! Sheesh.

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**Invent a game…I did and look where it took me…

Mountain Dew Bowling brought me “fame”

so many times i get:

“hey your the mountain dew bowling dude” :smiley: **

hmm… i showed up for the game and guess who didn’t??? yeah, you!!! the inventor of the game. i guess i won

*Originally posted by evulish *
**Also…why would you crowd surf at a Many Moore concert? Only about 2 dozen people stayed to watch it! Sheesh. **

Actually a lot more then 2 dozen people stayed it was more like 5-6 dozen a least. There were about 4-5 rows of people all along the stage.

*Originally posted by jk2005 *

Actually a lot more then 2 dozen people stayed it was more like 5-6 dozen a least. There were about 4-5 rows of people all along the stage. **

The sad thing is that there were thousands of people there and only 5 rows of people stayed. personally, i think it was a waste of time & money. Have something meaningful to first, or a least something better that a crappy concert. Or, even better idea, let us out early so we can actually do something at epcot (see the attracations ) before thay close everything.

^I fully agree I would have liked to have enjoyed going on some rides or something.