congrtulations midwest winners

I wanna send a personal congratulations to teams 71, 111, and 537 for winning the Midwest regional. It was quite a show out there. I also want to congratulate 111 for winning the chairmans, 71 for winning the quality award, 45 for winning the inspiration award, and all the teams that walked away with a trophy this weekend. On a more personal note I want to thank all the teams that were willing to help us out after our gearbox broke.

By chance do you know any of the other award winners. My team (1240) had to leave at 5 so we could get home and deliver our rental van back in time. We weren’t expecting anything but it still bothered me when we left prior to the awards at 5.

I would also like to say congratulations to all of the teams at the midwest regional. If I wasn’t a senior, I would definitely be back. Lastly thank you team 877 and UPS (1675) for selecting us to compete with you guys as the 8 seed.

EDIT: Also thank you to the WARBOTS (1625?) and team 111 for the programming help on saturday to get our autonomous working. Thank you.

EDIT 2: Thank you for that link Arefin

you can find out about the awards here.

I would like to thank everyone who came. It was great to see old and new faces at the competition. The only thing I didnt like was the fact that THE THUNDER CHICKENS WERE NOT THERE! I was so shocked when I didnt see a single Chicken outfit. :ahh:

A midwest regional without the Thunder Chickens is like a laptop without a monitor…something so great is missing. (Yes, you can quote me on that one).

Either way, congratulations to all award winners. You put in a lot of effort, and it paid off :]

On behalf of team 1675, the Ultimate Protection Squad, I would like to thank:

1525 for being awesome pit neighbors. You guys will go far!
1259 for the awesome light up rookie award!
71 for all the assistance, from gearboxes to frost in a can.
for the grease for the gearboxes as well as being awesome (pit, location, sponsor, etc.) neighbors.
107, 383, and 45 for the use of their tetras.
Everyone who came to our pit and commented on the robot, egg/stones, special stone prizes, or our team awards. We really appreciate the feedback and support.
877 for picking us in the first round for the finals despite our troubles (sorry we couldn’t have been of more help!)
1240 for being great partners for the quarterfinals.
Recipients of our Gyro awards (winner can be found here)

I personally would like to thank and congratulate:
71, 111, and 537 for not embarrassing us too much in the quarterfinals :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats on your win, we’ll see you in Atlanta!
Andy Baker for NOT running me over on Saturday morning!
DSATKB for providing some excellent music while working on the bot on Friday evening.
Everyone that has support this new team throughout its short history.
The Ultimate Protection Squad, 1675 for being a terrific group that I have had the pleasure of working with so far this year. You have given me the chance to truly experience what FIRST is all about - inspiring you! I was once guided by great mentors and leaders and have now had the opportunity to do the same with you. I am looking forward to the rest of our now extended season together and beyond!

Kev