Continuous Elevator

can someone explain how does a Continuous Elevator work and how is it different from a Cascade elevator ? I’ve searched everywhere and i still don’t get it

1 Like

Does this post from a few years ago help?

Check it out if you haven’t. Then, let us know which aspects remain confusing.

1 Like

Understanding Continuous Elevator Rigging This thread does a really good job of explaining the rigging the a continuous elevator.

For how they work the previous threads may help you.

The difference between continuous & cascade in the final performance is:
In cascade - all of the levels are opening simultaneously
In continuous - the first level opens completely, only then the second one opens (and after that the third, if exists).

I hope this helps

Actually, depending on friction between stages a continuous elevator can open in different ways. Last stage then middle, or middle and last together until the middle is at max height, etc etc. .

2 Likes

thx for answering! that thread was helpful, but just to make sure i understood correctly, the cable pulls the last level first then the next one(always in the same speed) and then pulls them down in the opposant order that they went up. and it has more complex Cable routing then a cascade elevator. that what i mostly understood, could you pleas tell me if i missed something important?

i don’t anderstent Understanding Continuous Elevator Rigging

@marthasimmons

As a new user, you might get a better response if you post a specific question in the thread you linked to, asking about what you don’t understand.

3 Likes

It is locked, FYI.

But still - yes -

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

While this form is filled with people interested in helping others learn, the most effective way to get a solid answer is to remember we’re not in the room with you, nor know your background, nor know the problem you’re actually trying to solve… all of which is critical info to providing a good answer.

This is unlike the classroom environment, where teachers are right next to you, and know what stage of learning you’re at already. It’s much more similar to the “post-school” world, and is a critical skill to cultivate as a problem-solver.

so if the friction is high, the middle and last will go up together? will they also go down together?

If the friction is not extremely low, the order of continuous stage movement is unpredictable. Most of the time the order of stage movement doesn’t matter.