Converting LabView to C/C++?

does anyone know if there is a way to convert LabView code into C or C++ code? I know that you can add in your own custom code from the C/C++ language using the code interface node but I was wondering if there is a way to convert an Entire LabView project into C or C++

Thanks,
Pneumaticsman

The LabVIEW Embedded module can compile LabVIEW code into C++, but only for Blackfin, ARM, and a handful of other microprocessors and microcontrollers (eg not the cRIO).

While a person can read LV code and translate it to C, C++, or other languages, there is no automated way to do that. LV compiles directly to machine code for the target you are going to execute on, just like a C compiler does.

Greg McKaskle

I only know enough to be dangerous so…

No - there is no way with the LabVIEW FRC version BUT NI’s LabVIEW Embedded tools are indeed designed to create C code from LabVIEW code. LabVIEW Embedded can then “finish the job” and port that code to specific processors. Using those tools, you do have access to the LabVIEW-generated C code. I’ve seen demonstrations but never used the program. It looks like a LOT of work to get it configured and running but, in the end, you can let the systems-type folks program in LabVIEW and then let the hard-core embedded SW folks “wrap it up”.

http://www.ni.com/labview/microprocessor_sdk.htm

Russ

The LV embedded tools will indeed be able to generate C code for a subset of your code, but since they don’t know how to map WPI and other crucial libraries, I’m afraid this will be a goose chase.

Greg McKaskle

I recently purchased a LabVIEW for ARM eval kit and am very anxious to try it out. I would love to see teams using such tools for programming Jaguars in 2010.

Russ