Cool Robot Parts

Tell me more about this.

4 Likes

Our differential swerve is peak robot part design

86 Likes

Any videos of this in action??

As far as we got before the 2020 season.

It was speed limited and has a few more things that needs to be worked out. Intended to be a test bench for swerve code until we could make something good but this is by far the dumbest thing we have made, including 2 turrets from 2017.

33 Likes

I was really happy with how our waterjet turret parts came out! The results were pretty great too.

23 Likes

Making a dumb thing is better than making nothing at all.

14 Likes

Where did you guys source your wire management system from on the turret? That looks like a half decent solution to the wiring issue we’ve been facing on ours.

3 Likes

Not ours, but 5687 in 2019 had made a NEO heatsink plate in case their NEOs ran into heat problems (which I don’t recall them saying they ever actually needed). I forget which mechanism it was to (either elevator or drive).

Also not ours, but 271 always has a hilariously overengineered drivetrain… @rich.varone may have similar pictures

40 Likes

This was supposed to go on before COVID happened

16 Likes

How is it lit/diffused?

They’re simple, but I like these teeny little elevator bearing blocks we designed in 2019.

36 Likes

This was a joke that we were all too afraid to call each others bluff on.

“Wouldn’t it be funny if we put two planetaries end to end on a turret and called it a differential swerve module? unless…”

And now we have a competent differential swerve drive that’s built out of lazy susans, 2x1 tube, and a 10->1 planetary.

13 Likes

The logo was cut on the router about .02" deep - 1/8" endmill first, then 1/16", then a 90 degree chamfer to bring out the edges and small details. Material is either 1/8" or 3/32" polycarbonate

The lighting is just addressable LEDs coming from the side

This is the first time we used that effect and are starting to use it in a few other places. It’s time consuming as you can imagine

2 Likes

Our electronics cover is similar, but I have to say 7226’s is particularly stunning.

Don’t mind the duct tape edge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Yeah, this really isn’t what I was picturing when @saikiranra mentioned you guys were working on a differential swerve. :smiley:

2 Likes

How did you not expect Code Orange to go from 2 turrets to 4?

11 Likes

When did code orange have 2 turrets?

1 Like

How do the bearings not fall out?

This just in, something is dumber than vectored intake wheel drive.

14 Likes

I tried the same back in fll, really really dumb

7 Likes