Cooler Master Gaming Tournament

Hello Jacob,

Voting should have closed Monday, but was left up for a few more days. It looks like we have a tie so we are discussing having the option of having two games to play.

No mentor vs. student showdowns. Ah well :). I do suppose that could go awry.

I think that could be fun…

Oh I’d have an absolute blast getting beaten down mercilessly by students.

But, if the same $40,000/team is on the line, I could see how an experienced set of non-high-schoolers might have an advantage.

Perhaps at the innagural "not quite as Cool"er Master Gaming Tournament for Casual Folk ?

I was thinking more of like a show match than a prize match.

I’d sign up for that!

Same!

Any updates on this at all? Voting was supposed to end on the 7th, and it’s now the 15th and voting is still open. Super interested in competing.

Yea, I was hoping for some sort of announcement on registration forms for teams being open at this point.

Hi all,
You guys will be getting updates soon. The tournament will be in June so that you can have time to game since school will be out:)

If anyone has questions please feel free to emial me at Cynthia_reyes@coolermaster.com.

Have the game/games been chosen yet? Excited to see what everyone chose!

Many school districts go well into June before letting out. Any general idea of when in June?

So based off the poll for what game should be played in the tournament, I guess CS: GO is the winner. Looks like Fortnite will also be played if they decide to go two games.

Hi all,

Thank you all for being patient. We are still working on perfecting the platfrom that you will be playing on for the tournament. We have had some students express their concerns about dates and not being out of school. We have not finalized a date as we are still working on the online platform. Once we have finalized the platform we will give updates on forming teams, games to be played, dates, etc.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at cynthia_reyes@coolermaster.com

Would be fun to have a Kerbal Space Program tournament. First to successfuly land on the Mun! Or, fastest through a complex Portal map! All the regular choices seem to be pretty mainstream.

i agree! trying to get some people on our team interested.

The nice thing about a game like Fortnite would be the cross-platform capabilities. I know a lot of people who prefer PS4, while others like myself are more PC gamers. Either way can’t wait to see what’s decided upon.

Does Cooler Master still plan on putting on this event? This seems like it would be a lot of fun and I want to do it but the lack updates and information is making me start to lose hope.

Hi all,

Thank you all for being patient. We are still working on perfecting the platform that you will be playing on for the tournament. We have had some students express their concerns about dates and not being out of school. We have not finalized a date as we are still working on the online platform. Once we have finalized the platform we will give updates on forming teams, games to be played, dates, etc.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at cynthia_reyes@coolermaster.com

So is this thing still a thing? Our team has been awaiting anxiously. :confused: