5 Likes

Honorable mention for the team I’m working with: 9015

Their name?

Questionable Engineering

10 Likes

8415 Dino Nuggies.
Enough said.

7 Likes

Not a crazy name by any means, but our team name is an acronym! We’re Team 5459 Ipswich T.I.G.E.R.S - Technologically Inclined Group of Engineering Robotics Students. Doubles as our school mascot!

1 Like

This team and Sushi Squad are my current top 2.

BREAD, Chicken Bot Pie, Robot Casserole, SPAM are all close behind.

8 Likes

I’m noticing a theme… :thinking:

7 Likes

I don’t believe it’s a current team, but whoever gets the team number 1337, they’d have so many great name possibilities. Also, team 2600, it’s a phreaking awesome number.
Yes, neither of those are team names, but you can’t get better numbers than those.

1 Like

1337 was never issued as a team number for the obvious reason.
:shushing_face:

2 Likes

I wonder why that one in particular? There were other, um, “meaning already established” team numbers assigned.

One more came to mind…
I’ve always liked 229 Division By Zero

2 Likes

As far as I know only two team number were never intended to be used. The only other one I recall is 666. (The listing on TBA is for a number only used in off season events)

1 Like

This led me to a quick check on TBA, and I learned team 69 is in new england and will be competing this season! Nice.

1 Like

There is a local FTC team which has the best number - 13666. I covet this number and would name it “Devil’s in the Details” if it was mine. (ftr- it is Tractor Technicians in Training- Orange.)

There is another number I believe was skipped intentionally - it’s in the 1000s and has some pretty awful implications that I would hope no teams would want to be associated with.

1 Like

Let’s just say we should count ourselves lucky FRC didn’t reach the 900s until 2002.

1 Like

I could see that one being skipped even without that. I’d hate to be the guy that misunderstood the instruction to “call 911” when their team was looking to strategize for their next match!

1 Like

also, the far less worse 1134 has never been assigned to a team.

my team (the KwarQs) was almost named “the broccoli stubs”

4614 - Purple Monkey Dishwasher, from Australia

1 Like

Torquenado is the name of one of our old robots, so whenever I see that name I get really confused haha.

2 Likes