Could not read path when compiling Kotlin

The first time I compile the project all is fine but after a few more compiles I get an error

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:compileKotlin’.

Could not read path ‘D:\hunte\git\2019KotBot\build\classes\kotlin\main\frc\robot\commands’.

If I go to where the class files should be, I can’t access some of the folders. Keep in mind I am the only account on my PC and have administrative access. I even tried opening an admin cmd to try and delete the folder and it still didn’t work. Can anyone help?

does it compile if you run the clean task?

When you say you can’t access some of the folders, do those folders not exist? or you just can’t open them?

You might also want to post your build.gradle(.kts) file so that we get more information on the setup

The folders exist I just can’t open them. It just tells me that I need to be logged into the account im already using.

plugins {
id “java”
id “edu.wpi.first.GradleRIO” version “2019.4.1”
id “org.jetbrains.kotlin.jvm” version “1.3.0”
}

def ROBOT_MAIN_CLASS = “frc.robot.Main”

// Define my targets (RoboRIO) and artifacts (deployable files)
// This is added by GradleRIO’s backing project EmbeddedTools.
deploy {
targets {
roboRIO(“roborio”) {
// Team number is loaded either from the .wpilib/wpilib_preferences.json
// or from command line. If not found an exception will be thrown.
// You can use getTeamOrDefault(team) instead of getTeamNumber if you
// want to store a team number in this file.
team = frc.getTeamNumber()
}
}
artifacts {
frcJavaArtifact(‘frcJava’) {
targets << “roborio”
// Debug can be overridden by command line, for use with VSCode
debug = frc.getDebugOrDefault(false)
}
// Built in artifact to deploy arbitrary files to the roboRIO.
fileTreeArtifact(‘frcStaticFileDeploy’) {
// The directory below is the local directory to deploy
files = fileTree(dir: ‘src/main/deploy’)
// Deploy to RoboRIO target, into /home/lvuser/deploy
targets << “roborio”
directory = ‘/home/lvuser/deploy’
}
}
}

// Set this to true to enable desktop support.
def includeDesktopSupport = false

// Maven central needed for JUnit
repositories {
mavenCentral()
}

// Defining my dependencies. In this case, WPILib (+ friends), and vendor libraries.
// Also defines JUnit 4.
dependencies {
compile wpi.deps.wpilib()
compile wpi.deps.vendor.java()
compile “org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib”
nativeZip wpi.deps.vendor.jni(wpi.platforms.roborio)
nativeDesktopZip wpi.deps.vendor.jni(wpi.platforms.desktop)
testCompile ‘junit:junit:4.12’
}

// Setting up my Jar File. In this case, adding all libraries into the main jar (‘fat jar’)
// in order to make them all available at runtime. Also adding the manifest so WPILib
// knows where to look for our Robot Class.
jar {
from { configurations.compile.collect { it.isDirectory() ? it : zipTree(it) } }
manifest edu.wpi.first.gradlerio.GradleRIOPlugin.javaManifest(ROBOT_MAIN_CLASS)
}

Also the stack trace is:

e: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Backend Internal error: Exception during code generation
Cause: D:\hunte\git\2019KotBot\build\classes\kotlin\main\frc\robot\commands\ArcadeMixer.class (Access is denied)
File being compiled at position: file://D:/hunte/git/2019KotBot/src/main/java/frc/robot/commands/ArcadeMixer.kt
The root cause was thrown at: FileOutputStream.java:-2
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.CompilationErrorHandler.lambda$static$0(CompilationErrorHandler.java:24)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.PackageCodegenImpl.generate(PackageCodegenImpl.java:74)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.DefaultCodegenFactory.generatePackage(CodegenFactory.kt:97)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.DefaultCodegenFactory.generateModule(CodegenFactory.kt:68)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.KotlinCodegenFacade.doGenerateFiles(KotlinCodegenFacade.java:47)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.KotlinCodegenFacade.compileCorrectFiles(KotlinCodegenFacade.java:39)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.generate(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:446)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.compileModules$cli(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:142)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.doExecute(K2JVMCompiler.kt:161)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.doExecute(K2JVMCompiler.kt:57)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.common.CLICompiler.execImpl(CLICompiler.java:96)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.common.CLICompiler.execImpl(CLICompiler.java:52)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.common.CLITool.exec(CLITool.kt:93)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalJvmCompilerRunner.runCompiler(IncrementalJvmCompilerRunner.kt:362)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalJvmCompilerRunner.runCompiler(IncrementalJvmCompilerRunner.kt:102)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalCompilerRunner.compileIncrementally(IncrementalCompilerRunner.kt:225)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalCompilerRunner.access$compileIncrementally(IncrementalCompilerRunner.kt:39)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalCompilerRunner$compile$2.invoke(IncrementalCompilerRunner.kt:91)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.incremental.IncrementalCompilerRunner.compile(IncrementalCompilerRunner.kt:103)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl.execIncrementalCompiler(CompileServiceImpl.kt:606)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl.access$execIncrementalCompiler(CompileServiceImpl.kt:102)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl$compile$$inlined$ifAlive$lambda$2.invoke(CompileServiceImpl.kt:455)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl$compile$$inlined$ifAlive$lambda$2.invoke(CompileServiceImpl.kt:102)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl$doCompile$$inlined$ifAlive$lambda$2.invoke(CompileServiceImpl.kt:1029)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl$doCompile$$inlined$ifAlive$lambda$2.invoke(CompileServiceImpl.kt:102)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.common.DummyProfiler.withMeasure(PerfUtils.kt:137)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl.checkedCompile(CompileServiceImpl.kt:1071)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl.doCompile(CompileServiceImpl.kt:1028)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.daemon.CompileServiceImpl.compile(CompileServiceImpl.kt:454)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:359)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:200)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:197)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:196)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:562)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:796)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(TCPTransport.java:677)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:676)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\hunte\git\2019KotBot\build\classes\kotlin\main\frc\robot\commands\ArcadeMixer.class (Access is denied)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:298)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:237)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.com.intellij.openapi.util.io.FileUtil.writeToFile(FileUtil.java:1290)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.com.intellij.openapi.util.io.FileUtil.writeToFile(FileUtil.java:1284)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.com.intellij.openapi.util.io.FileUtil.writeToFile(FileUtil.java:1269)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.common.output.OutputUtilsKt.writeAll(outputUtils.kt:32)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.common.output.OutputUtilsKt.writeAll(outputUtils.kt:42)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.writeOutput(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:87)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.access$writeOutput(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:67)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler$createOutputFilesFlushingCallbackIfPossible$1.invoke(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:96)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler$createOutputFilesFlushingCallbackIfPossible$1.invoke(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.kt:67)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.state.GenerationStateKt$GenerationStateEventCallback$1.invoke(GenerationState.kt:325)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.state.GenerationStateKt$GenerationStateEventCallback$1.invoke(GenerationState.kt:324)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.state.GenerationState.afterIndependentPart(GenerationState.kt:281)
at org.jetbrains.kotlin.codegen.PackageCodegenImpl.generate(PackageCodegenImpl.java:67)
… 44 more

When was the last time you rebooted?

A few times in between the original post and my last reply

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.