crate specs

Posted by Meg Z. at 2/5/2001 12:30 PM EST

Student on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Hey all–
I am in charge of modifying the crate for my team, and I am wondering about this instruction.

“All crates must ‘sit’ on 2 pieces of 4” by 4" lumber, spaced at least 28" apart. This requirement will facilitate moving the crates with a pallet lift."

Does anyone know if the crate’s weight actually has to rest on the two 4x4s, or if we can put it on casters? Or does nobody know and should I email FIRST?
Thanks!
Meg :slight_smile:

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 2/6/2001 8:27 AM EST

Other on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: crate specs
Posted by Meg Z. on 2/5/2001 12:30 PM EST:

Where did you find crate instructions???

Thanks
Patrick

: Hey all–
: I am in charge of modifying the crate for my team, and I am wondering about this instruction.

: “All crates must ‘sit’ on 2 pieces of 4” by 4" lumber, spaced at least 28" apart. This requirement will facilitate moving the crates with a pallet lift."

: Does anyone know if the crate’s weight actually has to rest on the two 4x4s, or if we can put it on casters? Or does nobody know and should I email FIRST?
: Thanks!
: Meg :slight_smile:
: 349

Posted by Matt Leese at 2/6/2001 10:34 AM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: Re: crate specs
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 2/6/2001 8:27 AM EST:

It’s found in the competition specific information section (ie the section on New Jersey or Richmond or Nationals). They decided to hide a lot of information there (like ship date!) this year.

Matt