Crazy RC problems

I find every once and a while (when we turn the robot on and off a few times) the RC begins to give certain values to one of my victors and it pretty much disables the IO (I’m unable to move anything except the drive, but the drive is completely different) or it will give me the blinking red light of death and when the robot is reset and do the same thing. I find what I have to do is turn off both the OI and RC for at least 5 seconds, then when both are turned back on again it seems to work alright. What I’m wondering is, will the OI begin to act differently if it is left on for an excess of 5 minutes without a transmission to an RC?

Also, the way I can figure out if it will go off by itself is if the radio on the OI won’t pick up the RC radio for about 10-15 seconds. I’m really worried if it begins to act like this during competition because it can seriously damage our arm if not fixed. :S

i know EXACTLY what you’re talking about. Ours does the exact same thing. But as to a solution? cross your fingers and pray. I’m fairly certain it has something to do with the radios assuming that the last data packet they receive is still new, but i don’t know how to fix it. Unless IFI does something, we could be in deep trouble…