I had some trouble getting a decent looking render of our robot this past season. PTC made some changes to the render package with Creo 4.0 and I kept getting some strange effects in the render.
I decided to build a test model and try different settings. The file FullSimulationCloseup.jpg shows the artifacts I’m talking about. It was run with “Full Simulation” selected. I even ran it for 3 hours to be sure it had time to generate a good image.
The file Settings.jpg shows the settings I ended up with. I selected Full Simulation and then turned off Caustics and Interior Mode - they were the two settings messing up the render.
FinalRenderTest.jpg shows the model rendered with these settings.