cRIO deploys information to robot but then loses communication

Our robot was working fine yesterday. Now, whenever the cRIO deploys information to robot, it loses communication. No error code pops up. We don’t have access to the console because we do not have a serial input. We have tried reformatting the cRio, we do have a Lenovo Think pad and have read here on CD about other teams’ communication lines with the cRio failing as well. We’ve installed a new cRio and digital sidecar, no dice. We’ve checked, and rechecked the wiring. Made sure all of our cables are in the right place. We’ve also been able to run our code without issue on the Think Pad up until our practice time this afternoon. Any idea what could be wrong?

Are you giving the robot time to reboot?

Yes, we’ve rebooted several times, still doesnt work.

Exactly when and how are you losing communication?

After the deployment is complete, it loses communication immediately.

Read this post: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=112474

Enabling NetConsole on your cRIO may be your solution.

We don’t have access to the console because we do not have a serial input. We have tried reformatting the cRio, we do have a Lenovo Think pad and have read here on CD about other teams’ communication lines with the cRio failing as well. We’ve installed a new cRio and digital sidecar, no dice. We’ve checked, and rechecked the wiring. Made sure all of our cables are in the right place. We’ve also been able to run our code without issue on the Think Pad up until our practice time this afternoon.

NetConsole provides the console output over a network connection. I don’t know anyone who uses the serial connector on the cRIO for the console output.