Curley Tubing

Does any body know where to buy any Legal curley tubing?

Here is what we have done in the past that worked fairly well. We take the standard tubing that comes with the kit and wrap it around a PVC pipe then heat it in a oven. I don’t recall what temperature or how long, though. You have to experiment with it. Just don’t over do it or the tubing will collapse. Another alternative is to use a hairdryer.

we do a similar technique except we use a heat gun to do it that works really good for us the heat gun is also good for bending Lexan

Buy it… you don’t need to build it. Check the Q&A forums which point to rule 106 in the manual… section 8.

http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=1173&highlight=tubing

As to where to buy it… try calling around to stores that sell air tools. In Vancouver, BC, I know that Princess Auto and KMS Tools would be happy to help you out, but I am sure you can find something local.

Jason

The last time that we made it we just struck it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

The last time that we made it we just struck it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

we do a similar technique except we use a heat gun to do it that works really good for us the heat gun is also good for bending Lexan

Here is what we have done in the past that worked fairly well. We take the standard tubing that comes with the kit and wrap it around a PVC pipe then heat it in a oven. I don’t recall what temperature or how long, though. You have to experiment with it. Just don’t over do it or the tubing will collapse. Another alternative is to use a hairdryer.

You are creating a potential hazard when you do this. You are changing the strength of the tubing and could cause it to fail. It is rated to be safe at 120 psi out of the box - but who is to say what it is after a heat cycle in an oven or with a heat gun.

Read Rule 99.