Cybersonics Uses eBay in an Innovative Way

Team 103 is utilizing eBay, the most popular buying and selling website in the world, as a sort of fundraiser for the team. The team plans on selling the rights to name the robot they will use in competitions across the nation to the highest bidder on eBay. For more information, visit the team website (www.cybersonics.org) where a link will take you to eBay where you can place your bid. :slight_smile:

Good Luck to all teams through the remainder of build season!

Let the bidding war commence.

We hope! :smiley:

Don’t fret, most of the bidding happens on the last day.

Hmm, I wonder what it would cost to name 103’s robot “Courtesy of Team 1676”…:smiley:

(No, I wouldn’t do that. Just kidding)

Haha that would be funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Something like that is what i was thinking when i placed my bid.

I was amused with the estimated delivery being February 21-22. That’s what happen I guess when its free shipping, won’t be named until build season ends?

I’m currently the winning bid.

Good luck guys!

Thank you very much! :smiley:

But seriously… :wink:

I’ve outbid you.

Best idea ever?

This is awesome guys! Thanks so much for all your support, 103 appreciates it!
And please keep spreading the word :slight_smile:

Haha thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

You all are coming to the Orlando Regional… I can not wait to announce whatever creative suggestion wins.

…But currently I’m the highest bidder. Come on 103’s 2012 robot “Bonzack Attack!”

Thanks Barry!

Come on guys!! only at 16 bids. We NEED to get to 103!!! lol
hahahaha

Sounds like a story out of Boston some years ago …

The New Boston Garden (which replaced the old Boston Garden), home of the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins, had a charity auction where the high bidder could name the Garden for a week. (There were the usual rules regarding profanity and copyrighted names and all.) The winner was a guy in New York, who requested the “Derek Jeter Garden”. (For those not in the area, or familiar with baseball, Derek is a shortstop for the New York Yankees, the eternal rivals of the Boston Red Sox.)

After howls of protests were raised from all over Boston, another higher bidder “mysteriously” surfaced, and the controversey went away.

Currently The High Bidder.

Hmm… I think I can come up with a good name… :wink:

Ok, ok, we shall see!

Keep on bidding! :smiley: