Dance Dance Revolution

Well, I searched for some threads about DDR but didn’t really see too many… so I made a new one :slight_smile: Who here on the Chief plays DDR?? I started not too long ago… it is so fun :slight_smile: All you people who live near a machine, go play it!! I’ve been learnin on the 7th mix here, what do your arcades have?

In our hotel, we carried 2 PS2’s, 1 XBOX and one Gamecube. On the PS2 we had DDR going for hours. Along with that were Halo tournaments that lasted even longer and the Gamecube was taken by a person who wanted to play the new Zelda for hours straight. We also had SSBM but Halo and DDR were by far the favs of everyone in our hotel.

Awesome! Halo is cool, and so is DDR. Where were you guys at??? And will you be at Nationals? lol We are staying at :looks up hotel’s name: “Spring Hill Suites” apparently. So if you have DDR and you’re staying there, PM me or something :slight_smile:

DDR! Haven’t played in a while…but if anyone has it and is going to Houston, I’m all for it:p

*Originally posted by AnimeRaul234 *
**Awesome! Halo is cool, and so is DDR. Where were you guys at??? And will you be at Nationals? lol We are staying at :looks up hotel’s name: “Spring Hill Suites” apparently. So if you have DDR and you’re staying there, PM me or something :slight_smile: **

I wish we could go to Nationals. Since our team is a rookie and we spent all our money on building and computer stuff along with 2 regionals, we have no money left to pay for houston. Stinks but there is always next year. I wish we could go then we’d have a crud more stuff to bring other than DDR and halo. LAN parties between hotels via wireless network. That be cool

ive played ddr fusion before, fun, my feet hurt after that! as for the halo game, if anyone brings an x-box, i will be there, and just for u to think about, tank sniping in blood gulch!

DDR Max here! I don’t own a PS2 (I own an X-Box) but I have played DDR Max for PS2 and it’s awsome!

Long Live DDR! (P.S. I have never played Halo, and I own an X-Box. How sad…:frowning: )

All of my friends have been trying to get me to play DDR…but personaly i think it violates the basic rules of video games…much like the nintendo power pad… I am lazy, i play video games to pretend i can do amazing things…my fingers are fast not my feet!

Woo hoo! DDR! I bought a PS2 a few weeks ago just so I could own DDR Max … If anyone is staying at the Residence Inn on (south Main Street) come visit and we’ll play! :slight_smile:

• Katie

ha that’d be cool if someone somehow set it up in the pit area… although I know how the pits were at some regionals, insanely crowded! Just an Idea :smiley:

I have Konamix for our PSX, and one day, I may just end up with DDRMAX for our PS2.

But, really, I spend most of my playing time at the arcade, camped out on their 5th Mix machine.

I’ll play the MAX machine once in a while, but I don’t really like its music as much.

I spend too much money on DDR. Much, much too much.

Sigh. Friday night during the Annapolis Regional, our team went over to the Annapolis Mall. The students headed for the arcade, so some of us adults followed. I got to see them play one of those dance games; I think it was called Pump It Up or something like that. After watching for a bit, I tried to sneak quietly away, but no, they caught me. And forced me to play it. Sigh. I have to track down the brat who had a camera that night. At least they got a really good laugh out of it. For me it was more embarrassing than falling at the bowling alley during the Richmond Regional. I am tempted to buy DDR so I can learn it and show them a thing or two… sigh.

On another note, they made me play Halo last weekend at one of the student’s birthday party (yes, for some strange reason they love to invite me to their birthday parties). It was a 12-player game and where I made an easy target for them, I wasn’t the worse player, I think that honor went to the Great Lev!

MissInformation

<============>
Don’t think I don’t see the irony of my middle name meaning “full of grace”

LoL Pump It Up is okay, but play DDR if you get the chance. Don’t feel bad lol everyone has to start somewhere :smiley:

I’ve only played DDR on arcade since I don’t have a PS2, within the past 3 days I’ve probably spent around 5 dollars on DDR alone. In my opinion, money not wasted. :wink:

AHHHHH!!! I hate that game so much My sister got it for her birthday and has not stopped playing it, The pounding never stops!!!

**Within the past 3 days I’ve probably spent around 5 dollars on DDR alone. In my opinion, money not wasted. :wink: **

Yeah, he has spent 5 dollars at least on it. I stood behind him and watched…yeah…I don’t play but from what I have heard…5 dollars isn’t much to spend on it in 3 days for some people…

ahh…no DDR… i refuse to let DDR be run on Clark and I’s PS2… that game totally defeats the purpose of video games… even though the music isnt that bad

We had DDR at UCF but stopped playing when we got a noise complaint. Personally I’m horrible at it. For those on the lazier side there is a ddr emulator called Dance With Intensity you play with the arrow keys. Amazingly addictive and its fun to show off when you can do 10 step songs at blindingly fast speed.

A couple of people on my team play it…They have all the songs from it on a CD…It was played constantly at meetings, and they’d even dance to it…I, on the other hand, can’t stand it…

ddr takes too much brainpower…

**LoL Pump It Up is okay, but play DDR if you get the chance. Don’t feel bad lol everyone has to start somewhere :smiley:

I’ve only played DDR on arcade since I don’t have a PS2, within the past 3 days I’ve probably spent around 5 dollars on DDR alone. In my opinion, money not wasted. :wink: **

Okay, I know DDR is exorbitantly expensive here. . . our machines are on Joint Premium Play (the same price for one or two players) . . . and I pay $1.50 for 4 songs. . .

but even still. . . before the season started and I had some free time, I’d spend anywhere between $30-$40 a week. …the wonders of disposable income.