Dart linear actuator programming and the 10 turn potentiometer

Does anyone out there know how to program the 10 turn potentiometer and hall effect sensors that come with the dart linear actuator series. Their downloads say “information to come” but who knows how close to competition that will be.

Um, based on the phrasing of your question, I’m going to answer something that you might already know. You don’t program the pot or the encoder, but rather use them as inputs for your program. I’m an electrical guy, so all I can tell you is that you should connect your pot to the analog ports on the roboRIO and the hall effect sensor to the DIO ports (I think, never used those particular hall effect sensors before).

If you already knew that, and just want to know how to reference the values provided by those, then good luck! Hopefully someone else can help you out. :slight_smile:

Also, if you can specify what language you’re using, people will be better able to help you.

If you don’t have documentation on the item, connect the sensors and run it to one end, measure the voltage and counts, then drive it to the other end and count again. Divide these by the length of the stroke to get the volts per inch and counts per inch. Then, do a few tests, having the robot drive to pre-selected points (e.g. 3 inches from the end), and measure (with a ruler) to see if it is linear (that is, hits the right spot).

If i am using a Talon SRX, should i connect the 5V or 3.3V input?

If your using a Talon SRX, then the POT should be connect to the 3.3v input.

If you are using labview, this thread should be what you are looking for programming wise:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144498