Dashboard for Pocket PC

Does anybody know of a way to get the dashboard on a pocket PC? I know of a PALM Compatible version, and the PC one, but how about one for Pocket PC (Windows CE 3.0)?

*Originally posted by bp_360 *
**Does anybody know of a way to get the dashboard on a pocket PC? I know of a PALM Compatible version, and the PC one, but how about one for Pocket PC (Windows CE 3.0)? **

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting project for me(I’ve already got the Pocket PC developer’s kit)…oh wait, I only have a USB sync cable…will see what I can come up with in the next few weeks…

*Originally posted by Nate Smith *

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting project for me(I’ve already got the Pocket PC developer’s kit)…oh wait, I only have a USB sync cable…will see what I can come up with in the next few weeks… **

hehe sounds good :slight_smile:

My Casio Cassiopeia E-125 has a USB Cradle, but i also have a Serial Cradle, so I can use that for communication :slight_smile: hehe

This isn’t for pocket pc, but I do have some Windows code to read from the dashboard. It shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt that to the PocketPC. It’s available at http://www.bcpl.net/~mleese/dashboard.html

Matt

where is the palm version?

Nate,

Where can I find the SDK for PocketPC? I have a Cassiopeia with a serial cable. WooHoo!

Is there a simple VB program to read the data from a PocketPC?

Thanks,
Jason, #109

*Originally posted by jrukes *
**Nate,

Where can I find the SDK for PocketPC? I have a Cassiopeia with a serial cable. WooHoo!

Is there a simple VB program to read the data from a PocketPC?

Thanks,
Jason, #109 **

It’s about a 150MB download from Microsoft’s site(don’t remember exactly where.) If you e-mail me your address, I can burn a copy and send it your way…

Thanks, Nate. I downloaded the development kit from Microsoft. I always wondered why it takes almost a Gig of hard drive space to write a 10K executable.

-Jason

*Originally posted by jrukes *
**Thanks, Nate. I downloaded the development kit from Microsoft. I always wondered why it takes almost a Gig of hard drive space to write a 10K executable.

-Jason **

Who knows? Anyway, if you need any help decoding the dashboard packets, I can probably pull out my old code and retrofit it for the Pocket PC platform…