Dashboard .ini file from Classmate PC

If someone has a Classmate PC handy, I would really appreciate it if someone could e-mail me the “FRC DS Data Storage.ini” file. A little boo-boo happened at the school and we need to get a copy of that file.

You can find the file on the Classmate at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\

Thanks.

Here’s the original file.
“NICName” will be different for your Classmate (corrected that to be the original network connection)

NICName on our Classmate can be:

Thanks.

IThe DS should load fine without it, substituting factory defaults for any missing info. Can you elaborate on why you needed a copy?

Greg McKaskle

Because we use a custom dashboard. The short version of the long story is that when we finally got our own Classmate back from being repaired, the people at the school wanted to set it up with our custom dashboard and I was trying to help them do it via e-mail and phone calls. I forgot to have them make a backup copy of the .ini file before I had them start to edit it. Some info in the ini file got lost accidentally and it was easier just to start with a fresh copy.

Thanks. Just checking if there was a bug lurking in the request. Another way to get a default file is to run the DS once. As a side effect, it will save out the ini when you exit or change tabs.

Greg McKaskle