Dashboard Project Alignment issues

I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I’ve created a Dashboard Project in LabView and I’ve modified it quite extensively. I’d like to not redo it if at all possible. The only problem is that for some reason now when I run the dashboard everything is unusably shifted to the right. It’s quite annoying to say the least. Here’s a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/HkCE7of.png

It kinda fixes itself if you expand it to the right, but there’s still the big space to the left, and it just unfixes itself when you resize it vertically. I’d really like to find a solution to this.

If you need, I’ve zipped up the entire dashboard project and attached it. (Coding isn’t 100% complete yet, mostly because I can’t really test it.) Hopefully there’s a solution to this issue.

Dashboard.zip (506 KB)


Dashboard.zip (506 KB)

Open the front panel
Reposition the contents in the panel to appear as you want
Save the file
Build & test





As Mark mentioned, I believe you mostly need to scroll to put the contents onscreen. There is some resize code that is built into the template. It does nice stuff for the default dashboard, but if you modify the overall structure, you may need to visit that resize code.

Greg McKaskle

Here’s the problem though: scrolling or moving does absolutely nothing. The thing’s on an infintely wide plane; it doesn’t seem to matter where the stuff is on the panel, it just kinda does it’s thing. I think the problem is with the fact that it auto-scales to fit the window. Also, I haven’t changed anything outside the tabs (at least, not on purpose, anyways.) I’ll try looking at the resize code, but I’m not sure how much that would help. Thanks anyways, though.

Your project works for me, but on a Classmate.
Here’s the executable I built, so you can see if it’s the resizing on your machine.

I zipped the project with the corrected positioning on my PC.
Without opening the Dashboard main vi, try just doing a build to see what it produces.

Dashboard.zip (1.53 MB)
Dashboard5048.zip (2.52 MB)


Dashboard.zip (1.53 MB)
Dashboard5048.zip (2.52 MB)

I believe I found the problem. I was doing a right click>run on the EXE project assuming that would rebuild the project, but it didn’t and it was trying to run an older, broken version. That explains a lot. Thank you.

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile: