Dates for next year

Does anyone have any idea when the competition will be next year?? I would like to know because my school is offering a trip to Italy and I want to sign up, but I would never want to miss a competition. Any Ideas?

From my source, I heard that the current regionals are going to be roughly around the same time they were this year

have the regionals throughout the years more or less stay within the same time frame (1 or 2 wkds)

also the same with nationals?

I thought this thread was about something completely different.:wink:

LOL… well i suppose you could think about it that way… not just at the competitions :wink:

well my experience is that they usually keep them around the same time but this year KSC was moved to UCF and it was moved from the first week till like the third it was hard to wait that long

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW FORM SOURCES INSIDE INNOVATION FIRST AND FIRST!!!

Kick-Off- Janurary
Ship-Off- Feburary
Regionals- March-April
Nats- April

TOP SECRET INFO!!! :wink: :yikes:

Here let me clarify for the person who didnt get it…

The regionals should be in the exact same weekend frame unless there is a venue problem.

Hey guys, our team. Almost all of our “CORE” Members will be seniors next year, and we have prom during the same time as Nationals. I just hope they change it somehow.Lake Brantley Robotics ~Brad

Does anyone have any idea when the competition will be next year?

Championship Competition - January 8-10, 2004
Kick-off - January 17, 2004
Regional Competitions - February 13 - March 19, 2004
Robot Ship Date - April 1, 2004

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh:
Don’t worry, it will all make sense when you see the game next year…

MUHAHAHAHAHHA!

*Originally posted by dlavery *
**Championship Competition - January 8-10, 2004

MUHAHAHAHAHHA! **

[00:21] <Clark45> WTH: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20411
[00:21] <Clark45> Lavery is nuts

Dave, no more eating the KK you find in your garage that we left there last summer.

Wetzel

I wish my compression wasn't 110-80-__-83, then I could go get some fresh.

So, we have to build time machines?

Easy enough. When are you guys going to start challenging us?

MUHAHAHAHAHHA! **

lol…gotta love Daves sense of humor!

MUHAHAHAHAHHA! **

I’m soooooo confused! This is a good teaser!
:ahh:

Championship Competition - January 8-10, 2004:

That’s when ALL FIRST participate goes to the championship event and have endless sumo matches for 3 straight days.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with sumo, here is a thread about it: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17006

The sumo matches will determine the FIRST-a-holic with the most determination to keep on going for 3 straight days against endless others who are willing to battle him/her and show the public that " I will do ANYTHING to get funding and honor to my team!".

Kick-off - January 17, 2004:

That’s when FIRST have the kickoff event, and announce to the people how much revenue they generated with the 3 day sumo matches televised on ESPN, and as a result, how many regionals there will be, and how many teams will be allowed at Championship event. The games will now all be related to Mars Exploration missions.

Regional Competitions - February 13 - March 19, 2004:

That’s when regionals happen, and teams come together to play the competition, and test the effectiveness of their robot against others, and against the playing field. Teams are recognized with awards, and the honor of winning the regional. There will be lots of press coverage because they robots are designed for mission to Mars. After the regional, the teams will have approximately 10 days to fine tune their robot, and make them better.

That’s when the robots are shipped off to NASA Kennedy Space center, get loaded up on multiple space shuttles, and those loaded up on their own Saturn 5 Booster. Approximately 5 days later, that’s when the rockets will be launched individually to Mars, and sends the army of robots off to completely their mission.

You have too much free time Ken;)