Dave Lavery @ Kickoff hilarious!

-What is the passcode for the encypted PDF files.
-Dave?
-John Neun and George Berns
-NO

I really liked Dave’s presense this year. He seemed to be the one with the most charisma and excitement about the game. Plus, he actually made a few GOOD jokes :wink:

(coughandbounceandbounceandbounce…cough)

I personally had to admit the “wardrobe malfunction” and the “this starts to get a little annoying after a while” were my favorites.

Also, watching Dave, Woodie, and Dean climb up the tetrahedron at the end. :wink:

It’s a great send off and was a great kickoff presentation! Now get out there and start brainstorming! Good Luck everyone!

The code is: 3XTr1pl3play2oo5

Please note the lower case “oo” and not the number 00

No kidding! Dave, Woody and Dean were awesome. I really think they had some fun trying to come up with this years game. And it shows. :cool:

I thought Dave’s video was awesome. A great introduction to the game.

and…dave…hair…

“Its like Bling-Bling for the brain.”

That was great.

You guys didn’t get to see him last night at the Founder’s Reception. He was just as good, if not better, then :slight_smile:

Dave, if you’r reading, I particularly enjoyed the “And I just know there are students out there that just don’t give a D@MN what Paris Hilton is doing right now” line, as I, and I’m sure at least most here, indeed do not give a d@mn.

I thought Paris was a city in France?? :confused: :ahh:

Dave also seemed real giddy at our team meeting last Wednesday. Everytime someone mentioned that we would figure out on Saturday or any other reference to the game Dave got a big smirk on his face. He seemed much happier than past years.

I always thought “Paris Hilton” was referring to a hotel in Paris :confused:

no, Paris Hilton is the heiress to the Hilton family fortune (the family who started Hilton Hotels). She’s also famous for a sex video that she made.

I thought the comment about Dave’s house being heated by 3 G5 Macs because of his video rendering was quite funny.

It is actually quite true. His house was pretty warm last time I visited. (Actually it was two G5’s and a G4, but whose counting).

It’s good to have an excited happy attitude out there introducing the whole thing, otherwise we might think they were setting us up for six weeks of hell instead of six weeks of hell AND craziness :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW:

Chill pills man… chill pills…

Heh heh… I just noticed that FIRST went 1337 for this passcode. Nice :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll have to watch the end part of the kickoff video again… because the live feed at USC was freezing on us. But… Dave Lavery was super funny, yes :slight_smile:

I think Dave made the kickoff hilarious. I think I like to see him there also because he is a frequent poster on CD, so it feels like I know him better than Dean or Woody.

I’d be interested in hearing what you have to say about Dean then… Because Dave is a whole heck of a lot funnier than Dean was.

Why do you have to be so disrespectful? I suggest that you stop that attitude now.

Everyone knows how miserable it is to hear Dean speak. He’s a brilliant engineer but an awful public speaker.