DB15, Male 15 pin connector.

Did anyone esle receive a DB15 male connector instead of a DB15 female??? We realized this today and now we’re in a bind. This is a hard to find part so if anyone knows or can help me, thanks.

Try this…take a 15 pin cable(if you have trouble finding one labelled “joystick extension cable”, look for “macintosh monitor extension cable” - the older Macs used a 15-pin identical to a joystick port) and cut off one end. Use a multimeter to figure out which color wire matches which pin on the connector. And there you have your 15-pin connector, with a very nice professional end on it already!

I know my local computer store, GT computers, has them. Might try the little computer stores in the area.

The problem is that they’re specific ones, I was told that they’re not quite what we need. I’ll look for that extender. Do you know if it would be ok if we just cut the end off the cord we have and just make sure everything that isn’t nice wire is kept inside the box?

Did you try Future/Active ? I bought some of both 15 pin connectors off the rack (is that a shelf ?) in January.

DigiKey has the D-sub 15 pin Female (the one of which they have the least supply is a gold flashed contact - 12 in stock, the others are a several dozen.

*Originally posted by 401Mentor *
**The problem is that they’re specific ones, I was told that they’re not quite what we need. I’ll look for that extender. Do you know if it would be ok if we just cut the end off the cord we have and just make sure everything that isn’t nice wire is kept inside the box? **

That’s what we’re doing…it seems i remember an update last year or the year before from FIRST where this question was asked, and they said it was a “logical extension” from buying your own 15pin connectors and wire.

That’s great. Thanks guys! It’s too bad we just NOW found out they sent us the wrong stuff…

Thats why they included a checklist…
Before we let anyone take anything, I and a control systems student sat down and went over the checklist they included.
Still no sparkly tape or light…:frowning:

Yeah, well, sometimes we forget to do things…the rookie team i’m mentoring got their light, eventually us veterans will too get ours.