Dean and Segways in Wired Magazine!!!

Check it out!!! Dean and some Segways are in an add in this month’s Wired Magazine (November 2002) It is a 2 page spread for IBM and the Pentium 4 processor on pages 56 and 57. I’ll try to scan it tonight if I can. This one is pretty cool!!! :cool:

<edit>

check this out! he’s more than in the magazine, looks like he’s their part of their advertising campaign!!! this is freggin cool

http://www-132.ibm.com/content/home/store_IBMPublicUSA/en_US/thinkpadcampaign.html

</edit>

'Course you all know that picture is taken at his house in one of the several shops he has there.

we’ve had that page up in our robotics room for two weeks. we circled the tapmatic in the picture and captioned it “everyone loves tapmatic” well, not that exact picture, but the one from the magazine has tapmatic in it

Yeah its kinda cool (Notice the Yellow segway next to dean’s Desk

theme_pcd_dean_kamen_600.jpg

theme_pcd_dean_kamen_600.jpg

i count 3 in that picture

*Originally posted by Nataku *
**i count 3 in that picture **

yeah there are 3, 2 “normal colored” ones and 1 yellow one. I have never seen a yellow one.

wait…there are 4!! hehe, i think the yellow one might just be a funny effect from the black that the pic fades to, but i dunno. there are 4 segways hidden in the pic, who can find them

*Originally posted by Nataku *
**wait…there are 4!! hehe, i think the yellow one might just be a funny effect from the black that the pic fades to, but i dunno. there are 4 segways hidden in the pic, who can find them **

FOUND IT! Its behind Dean’s Desk, you can only see the handles

p.s. There are YELLOW segways. They tried many differnet color schemes. Including Orange and Tan (I saw one of those). If you go to the Segway Testing Facility in Manch-vegas you can see them.

Actually if you look everything around the edges is yellowed so chances are it is just an effect not a YELLOW segway

Umm… you guys do realize that you’re playing Where’s Waldo with an IBM advertisment, right?

*Originally posted by FotoPlasma *
**Umm… you guys do realize that you’re playing Where’s Waldo with an IBM advertisment, right? **

Yeah…so what’s your point???

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
**Actually if you look everything around the edges is yellowed so chances are it is just an effect not a YELLOW segway **

How would that affect turn a gray handlebar into a FLORENCENT yellow handle bar?

*Originally posted by MattK *

How would that affect turn a gray handlebar into a FLORENCENT yellow handle bar? **

What’s the difference between yellow and grey?

What’s the difference between yellow and grey?

Light Gray or Grey----Red-192 Green-192 Blue-192
Yellow-------------------Red-255 Green-255 Blue-0

I see a difference!

*Originally posted by MattK *
**How would that affect turn a gray handlebar into a FLORENCENT yellow handle bar? **

It isn’t flourescent it is tinted yellow.

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *

Light Gray or Grey----Red-192 Green-192 Blue-192
Yellow-------------------Red-255 Green-255 Blue-0

I see a difference! **

Huh?

*Originally posted by JosephM *
**Huh? **

It is saying that there is a difference in what makes up yellow and what makes up gray hence there is a difference when you said there wasn’t

*Originally posted by jk2005 *

It is saying that there is a difference in what makes up yellow and what makes up gray hence there is a difference when you said there wasn’t **

Well, I knew that, but I was looking at it differntly. Oh well, “think different”. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by JosephM *

Well, I knew that, but I was looking at it differntly. Oh well, “think different”. :slight_smile: **

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!! lol No, it’s actually the code for the colors which I stole from MS Paint!!! Gotta Love MS Paint!!