Dean sets IT release date!

Posted by Steve Prairie at 03/04/2001 1:14 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

Hey everyone,

Someone on my team got a chance to ask Dean when Ginger would be revaled this week. Dean told him 2002 Nationals! This means big publicity for FIRST! Can’t wait.

Steve Prairie

p.s. have you ever seen a guy wearing a denim shirt and jeans get into a really sweet limosine?

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/04/2001 1:19 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

In Reply to: Dean sets IT release date!
Posted by Steve Prairie on 03/04/2001 1:14 PM EST:

he goes to dean and asks him…

“So what is IT? I can keep a secret.”

Dean answers with a smile:

“I can keep a secret too.”

-anton

ps. he was from 521, a really cool rookie team this year.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/04/2001 3:26 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

: p.s. have you ever seen a guy wearing a denim shirt and jeans get into a really sweet limosine?

Our databasing & button guy waved a dollar in the driver’s face to see if he would tell him if Dean Kamen was in the limo. He didnt answer. :wink:

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by j at 03/04/2001 5:34 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High and United Technologies Research Center.

In Reply to: about the limo…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 03/04/2001 3:26 PM EST:

Dean seemed a little embarassed about the limo actually. When he got in, he rolled down the window and yelled over to a few of us “It’s not mine”

j

p.s. I thought we agreed to keep the release date a secret, Steve? Geez… :wink:

Posted by Elgin C at 03/07/2001 8:40 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, Sie-H20-Bots, from Watertown High School / NVCC.

YES!!! Some of the other members of the team saw a limo outside our regionals. We asked the driver who the limo was for, and the driver told us. The name he said was not Dean’s but we stayed and talked with the driver. One of our guys bribed the driver with a Dollar Bill and asked him, “Are you sure it’s not Dean Kamen”? The driver said no, but then we turned around and lo and behold there was Dean!!! We got his signature, and presented him with a limited edition team button signed by our Button-Master.

: Hey everyone,

: Someone on my team got a chance to ask Dean when Ginger would be revaled this week. Dean told him 2002 Nationals! This means big publicity for FIRST! Can’t wait.

: Steve Prairie

: p.s. have you ever seen a guy wearing a denim shirt and jeans get into a really sweet limosine?