Dean wasn't first (no pun)

Hey All,

Just thought I’d point this article I saw out. It appears that Dean’s idea is nothing new. Read on to find out what that in fact Dean was not the first to have the idea of a “segway.”

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-8471935.html?tag=mn_hd

Justin

I don’t know that I’d go so far as to say nothing new. The japanese invention used different technology for balance. It also did not have room for a passenger. Dean did reference the Japanese patent in his application so the Patent office would have to verify that there was new development before granting a new patent. So there is lots new in the Segway.

Well, many people probably have thought of the idea of a light bulb before Edison. So what? You can think, research, and do whatever you like for as long as you like. If you don’t have the courage to make that idea into reality, you can’t blame anyone but yourself.

This Japanese professor “quit” the project years ago. It is unfair for him to complain now.

This Segway is worth NOTHING to me… if i cant ride one.

Hurry up dean, i wanna buy 2.

-anton

ps. can u make something that’ll walk my dog too?

Just about everything that has been created and will be created has already been thought of…

Also, the Segway is what i wanted to make for my intel engineering project last year… so sad Dean came out with it. I knew it would take too much time and was too complex, so I made a simpler version