I am currently in the process of practicing for my district champs deans list interview, I am curious as to if there is a document somewhere of commonly asked questions for the interviews… does anybody know of any?
Regardless, I will be compiling a document to share with everybody if/when I receive enough responses to this google forms, so feel free to respond to it.
Here are the questions our mentor in the room with one of our Dean’s List candidates wrote down. They may be paraphrased, and may differ from the types of questions that could be asked at a different level. I’ve omitted any questions specific to our candidate’s entry.
“How did you start in FIRST?”
“What’s your current position on your team?”
“What are your duties?”
“Can you give specific examples of how you helped set up your team for further success?”
“What do you personally get out of FIRST?”
“What would [your team] be like without you?”
“What are your plans after High School?”
“This is your ‘mic drop’ moment - what do you say?”
As a Dean’s List Award Finalist in our region, l’d like to share my experience at the interview. Before the interview, l have searched the CD for some resources. Below are three papers l have found in CD.(You can also search for Dean’s List interview in CD yourself)
Here are the ones my daughter was asked this year (a couple are specific to things in the essay, but most were pretty general):
(1) Did you prepare something or did you just want questions?
(2) What was entailed with prototyping camp?
(3) How do you plan to continue with FIRST after graduation?
(4) What do you think is your most significant contribution to your team?
(5) FIRST has a set of Core Values, what is your favorite and why?
(6) How do you think FIRST has helped you grow personally?
(7) Give an example of how you have showed leadership for your team.
(8) In your essay it talks about a blog - how did you bring team spirit and humor into that?
(9) I see that you also mentor FLL, that’s a lot of FIRST, what activities do you do outside of FIRST?
(10) What haven’t we asked that you want us to know?