Default function pinouts on Psoc I/O board

I feel like a dummy asking this, but I can’t find out what the default pin/function mappings are for the Cypress board.

I have the “actual” pin/function designations, but where are the “compatibility” functions identified…

eg: there are 8 analog inputs on the board, but only 4 in the default “DS Compatibility” interface… so… I’m to assume that we only use analog channels 1,2,3 & 4 on the Cypress board??

But what about the digital channels.

DS Compatibility interface has 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs.
It “appears” that cypress digital channels 1-8 corrospond to the inputs, and 9-16 corrospond to the outputs, but I’m just guessing…

Is this written up anywhere? I’m assuming it is, I just can’t find it.

Phil.

I have not seen this documented anywhere. The closest thing is the default settings on the I/O tab of the driver station.

eg: there are 8 analog inputs on the board, but only 4 in the default “DS Compatibility” interface… so… I’m to assume that we only use analog channels 1,2,3 & 4 on the Cypress board??

First 4, yes.

But what about the digital channels.

DS Compatibility interface has 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs.
It “appears” that cypress digital channels 1-8 corrospond to the inputs, and 9-16 corrospond to the outputs, but I’m just guessing…

This is accurate with what we have observed and used in the past. The first 8 are inputs (I believe pulled up or floating, I don’t recall which - last year’s DS was floating, so that would be closest match, but I seem to recall observing these as pulled up).

The second 8 are outputs.

Note that if you were to move to the enhanced I/O configuration, you can make a definitive selection of each pin assignment, control direction of pull (or floating) on inputs, eliminating any doubt and guesswork.

Does this help?: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8352&d=1264090529

Does anyone know if the default Digital Outputs are configured for 4mA current source, 8mA current sink, or 25mA current sink?

I’m going to rewire an output and I would like to know what I’m working with. Thanks to the info on this thread I figured out we currently it connected to digital input 4 instead of digital output 4 (and that is why it is always on :o )

FIRST has since posted an “official” pin-out on www.usfirst.org/frccontrolsystem – here’s a direct link:

http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/Community/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2010_Assets/Cypress%20IO%20Pinout%20tables.pdf

It contains the information you are looking for.
It falls short in describing how the pin-out looks for compatibility mode, but its a modest guess (and the above info on this thread should do it). If you use enhanced IO, you can set it up however you wish and eliminate any guessing.

I wired my output circuit to P6_4 (Digital Output 1) and it works fine (so I dont really have a problem, thanks everyone).

The FIRST pinout lists these modes for the digital pins:

All digital lines are configurable
− Open-drain input
− 5kΩ pull-up input
− 5kΩ pull-down input
− Active drive output
…o 4mA current source
…o 8mA current sink

My original question was whether the digital outputs are were configured for sinking or sourcing in compatibility mode. However, after looking over the FIRST doc again it appears the answer is both and my question was somewhat misguided. The FIRST Doc reads like the mode is Active Drive Output and that mode is capable of both sinking (8mA) and sourcing (4mA). I can’t confirm this from my experience, all I can really say is it looks like Digital Out 1 is capable of current sourcing to the base of an NPN transistor in my circuit.