Desktop Simulation shows that there are no PWM outputs

Hi, I just started coding for FRC and after coding a drive train I used the new desktop simulation to confirm if my code was working correctly and unfortunately there were no PWM outputs on the simulation.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

What speed controllers did you define in your code?

1 Like

CANSparkmax

CANSparkMax isn’t a PWM speed controller, which is why it doesn’t show up in PWM. Based on the Rev Robotics Trello, it looks like simulation support hasn’t been implemented.

Oh okay thank you so much. So does that also make the errors that say “[CAN SPARK MAX] IDs: 1, 2, WPILib or External HAL Error: CAN: Message not found Periodic Status 0” when I run the simulation something that I shouldn’t worry about?

Joe may have more details. But, I think so - we got similar errors while running other CAN-based motor controllers in sim.

@Jake_Musa, I made this earlier this year for this exact reason. I haven’t tested it recently (because, well, you know…), but feel free to give it a shot and let me know if you have any problems!

Edit: looks like the latest REV library is v1.5.2, though my library has only been tagged against v1.5.1. Not sure what the changes are offhand, but given the patch release number, I assume they didn’t change the interface at all.

2 Likes

ooooooh shiny.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m very close to actual testing of the drive train so we will see soon if it works.

I’m super delayed, but in case anyone is interested, I just pushed v1.5.2 of this. If you have any issues, please let me know!