Destination: Deep Space- The robot I would have built

Probably.
Maybe.
Idk I didn’t actually prototype anything.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/60ee3788515052f22741894b/w/fd8ab1c5355335a173d58783/e/c52b5b75cca818f31e77b037

Iterations (hab 3, minor tweaks, etc.) to come. Feel free to copy or roast as you please

2 Likes

With that drive base, I imagine it would be difficult to do defense. I would suggest making them all traction.

Definitely one of my favorite MCC designs all year (Marcus’ Competitive Concept)!

2 Likes

Looks familiar! :wink:

The main differences I spot between these robots are the size and the intake. Smaller was definitely better for a low focus robot IMO. Our robot didn’t need to be as big as it was.

1 Like

This looks like a smaller version of the robot 323 built, minus the pink arm and suction climb. I love it.

Reminds me of another robot I’ve seen.

No way that had any influence on this design though, I doubt you’ve seen it before.

3 Likes

Contrary to popular belief, the only part I personally designed on that robot was the bumpers.

That said,

1 Like

Looking back, I’d build a very similar robot to what we built this year with two key changes:

1. Make the hatch panel system work on the first level of the Rocket, which opens up a lot more cycling bandwidth for us.
  2. Hab 3. Seems like the grip-and-flip style could be adapted to our setup, though the custom spur gearbox it would’ve required would have been a major concern.

Basically, I would’ve built CyberTooth’s robot.