Detroit Mechanix Professional Ultimate Invites FIRST Teams

Greetings MI FIRST Robotics teams,

My name is Ken Kaminski and I represent the Detroit Mechanix, Michigan’s professional Ultimate team in the American Ultimate Disc League. I am also a FIRST alumni (FEDS 201!) and familiar with the awesome Ultimate Ascent game this year. Hope you are all enjoying your season so far!

I wanted to continue to reach out to FIRST teams to offer the excitement and opportunities this year brings. Our season begins April 13th, just as the Michigan regional event is wrapped up, so we have many showcase, fundraising, and team-bonding events that you can participate in this Summer.

FIRST Showcases
We are dedicating two of our home games to showcase FIRST robotics teams and their robots in either accuracy fire, or distance launching competitions during our half time shows. Space would also be available for teams to display their robot and promotional materials to make connections with young students or potencial sponsors. We will have these opportunities available on May 5th and June 30th. Our home venue is Ultimate Soccer Arenas located in Pontiac, MI on South Blvd.

Team Fundraisers
We offer a 10% commission on referred ticket and webcast sales for organizations that sign up with us. If your team is already interested in bringing family and friends to our home games this summer, sign up with our fundraising program and your organization will receive the benefits. As just an example, if your team sells 50 season passes, we will put $500 towards your organization! This 10% also applied to referred merchandise as well like discs, jerseys, collectibles, and more!

Team-Bonding Experiences
We have 8 home games to chose from if you would like to make any one of them a fun gathering for your team over the summer. We are excited to see many FIRST robotics appearances on May 5th and June 30th during our showcases as well.

If you would like to learn more, take a look through our website or like us on Facebook to see what we have in the works. We host many contests on our Facebook page so check it out!

If you would like to register for our May 5th and June 30th showcases and/or participate in our fundraising program, you may get in touch with me at [email protected] and I can help you though the next steps to register. Looking forward to hearing from many of you!

Thanks for your time and we hope your season is a blast!

Ken Kaminski
Operations Manager
www.detmechanix.com