digital outs

Is it possible to send a signal to the same digital output on the controller more than once in a program cycle? I know the putData() function is only called once every slow cycle, but is it possible to have another function that only sends data to the digital outputs that is called more often in order to speed things up?

The digital i/o’s are directly connected to the PIC. Anything that happens to them happens simultaniously on the connectors. So, if you modify a digital i/o, it’ll change right away on its respective connector. My understanding is that the only ones that don’t happen right away are the PWM outputs, but that’s because they take some extra processing.

EDIT:
Oh wait. I just noticed that this is in the CMUcam forum. Were you asking about the camera or the robot controller?

EDIT:
Oh wait. I just noticed that this is in the CMUcam forum. Were you asking about the camera or the robot controller?

Thanks for your help! That makes a lot of sense and really clears things up. I was asking about the robot controller… I didn’t realize I put this in the CMUcam forum and not the programming forum.

Yes you can. Digital inputs and outputs are directly input and output by you.

See my post here for an example of using digital outputs between putdata statements.

Good luck.

Mike