Do we have to climb for points?

Alright, so we know there is a touchpad on that rope that can be pressed near the end of the match. I went through the rulebook, and nothing is said about the robot actually having to climb that rope to press the touchpad. Do we have to climb the rope to receive points or can we use something that extends to press the touchpad?
-Scooter

How big can the robot be? Can it exceed it’s inspected volume? How far off the floor is the touchpad? The rules interact with each other.

You need to hold it for a second, so climbing may be the easiest for you.

Maximum height of a robot is 3 feet, and the bottom of the touchpad is 4 feet 10 inches off the ground, so I would assume you have to climb the rope.

You must climb it

G04. Don’t overextend yourself. A ROBOT may not exceed the volume for which it passed Inspection during the MATCH.
Violation: FOUL. If strategic, (e.g. expansion results in t he TOUCHPAD being triggered), RED CARD.

Looks like you have to climb it. See G04.

G04: Don’t overextend yourself. A ROBOT may not exceed the volume for which it passed Inspection during the MATCH.
Violation: FOUL. If strategic, (e.g. expansion results in the TOUCHPAD being triggered), RED CARD.

Yay, so reading the rules and putting them together paid off! :wink:

I don’t like snark. Less so at the expense of teenagers.