does anyone know the facts on Nats?

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find the facts on the Nationals? Like how many people the main arena can hold, how long it took to set up, and other such facts.

Bad Brad

I think it took something like 6 weeks to set up. Einstein could hold like 14,000 people and the pits could hold 3 Boeing 747s nose-to-tail. They went through like 500,000lbs hot dogs or something and like 800,000lbs of hamburger or something I foget that part. I think there were 20,000 sodas and like 10,000 waters or something I really don’t remember the food stuff that well… maybe somebody recorded it and could play back and tell you but I do know the other crap about the pits and field is true.

What about anything like the number of teams that attended, how many team members attended, how many schools were represented? Anyone have those stats?

there was 287 teams i believe…

i thought it was more like 291 teams.

*Originally posted by Suike *
**I think it took something like 6 weeks to set up. Einstein could hold like 14,000 people and the pits could hold 3 Boeing 747s nose-to-tail. They went through like 500,000lbs hot dogs or something and like 800,000lbs of hamburger or something I foget that part. I think there were 20,000 sodas and like 10,000 waters or something I really don’t remember the food stuff that well… maybe somebody recorded it and could play back and tell you but I do know the other crap about the pits and field is true. **

I think a few of your numbers may be off. I believe Einstein could hold 10,000 people this year (don’t hold me to that number though, I just don’t think it was quite as high as 14000). However, I do know th e pit tent could hold three 727’s nose-to-tail (the 727 is significantly smaller than the 747).

Matt

*Originally posted by Ogre *
**i thought it was more like 291 teams. **

Registration as of Wednesday morning was 291, however, I know of at least one team who dropped out very last minute…

hmmm, anyone have any good pic of Einstein? Maybe a fly-by from the monorail?

I put a pic in the Championship picture section on Chief Delphi’s gallery…dont know if its considered “good” though…i took it from the top of the stands first thing on Thrusday morning when no one was around…

Thats a nice picture, anyone have any other good pics of fields?