Does Graphing In LabVIEW Slow Down The RIO When You Run As startup?

When Programming and testing, we usually will create sliders, dials, and graphs to simulate and debug code. I was wondering if anyone knows if these visual interfaces we create slow down the Rio at all if we are not running in debug. Thanks.

From the LabVIEW Real-Time help (which is the LabVIEW “version” that runs in the roboRIO):

When developing an RT VI for a target that does not support the embedded UI [ the robRIO does not support it ], you can use front panel controls and indicators for debugging, but you cannot use the front panel of an RT VI as the user interface of your final stand-alone RT application. When you deploy a VI as a stand-alone RT application, LabVIEW removes the front panel of the VI, including all objects, properties, methods, and events associated with it. Although event-driven programming can be a powerful user interface design pattern for many LabVIEW VIs, you cannot use the typical LabVIEW event-driven UI design pattern for a VI that runs on an RT target. However, you can use the event-driven design pattern to create a user interface VI running on a host computer that uses a networking protocol to communicate with the RT target VI.
Network the User Interface (Real-Time Module)

That being said, I definitely encourage your team to use the power of LabVIEW’s front panel elements to aid in the development, troubleshooting and tuning of your code. Just be careful on not to request excessive data to be sent to the UI when running interactively (clicking the Run arrow from Robot Main.vi). For “Run as Startup” mode, I don’t expect you to run into troubles.

More information: Real-Time Operating Systems (Real-Time Module)