Double vision in the spotlights?

I noticed that two of the latest spotlights were repeated.

Dunno if anyone caught that.

Interesting. THere are two of those repeats… :smiley:

I don’t see any repeats :wink:

To which do you refer?

Awww, he fixed them! :wink:

I’m guessing that the spotlight posts are generated using a random (number) generator?

And, as anyone who competed in FIRST in 2003 remembers, (from the match generators) random generators are sometimes “not-so-random generators”

Case closed.

It grabs 20 random rows, and then randomly chooses one from those 20.

There’s two more spotlights that have been repeated. “Its not the event that matters - its the preparation for the event that matters!” shows up twice.

Is there anyway to have a message that says something like “Sorry, but this has already been spotlighted” show up when someone tries to spotlight it again? If it’s too much work or nearly impossible then don’t worry about it. :wink:

There’s two more spotlights that have been repeated. “Its not the event that matters - its the preparation for the event that matters!” shows up twice.

Is there anyway to have a message that says something like “Sorry, but this has already been spotlighted” show up when someone tries to spotlight it again? If it’s too much work or nearly impossible then don’t worry about it.

-dave

If you try to spotlight a post, and it has already been spotlighted it gives you a warning. Sounds like Operator disregard of that feature to me if it’s from a spotlight input perspective.

If it is from a Spotlight viewing perspective, than obviously the random generator will have a (low) chance of repeats and no one can change that.

Uhh… ok? :confused: Repeat = 2X? :eek: Hmmm…

Yes, it tells you that there have been spotlights from that post. I thought today that I should show the spotlights to the user, but then I remembered that was more work for me. I’ll add it (low priority) to the todo list.

Uhh… ok? :confused: Repeat = 2X? :eek: Hmmm…
Yeah, I think Dave was trying to be funny . … or give clues? :slight_smile: