Dr Joe's Gif of the Week Contest 2018: Submissions Week 1

The purpose of this thread is JUST to collect official submissions for Week 1 of Dr Joe’s Gif of the Week Contest 2018

Don’t use this thread for anything else. If you want to WOOT or HOOT or whatever, start another thread and do it there. THIS thread is JUST for submitting to the contest.

Reminder of the rules/details:

1. Clip has to be an actual GIF
    that you include in a response to THIS submission thread via that “Insert Image” icon. Find a public place online to host the gif file and then link to it when you use the “Insert Image” icon. You should find a sort of safe place to upload them because if nobody can see your gif because their school or work blocks the host site, you are not going to win. FWIW, I really want the GIF to play as soon as you load your message. Don’t make folks follow links if you want to win the $10.

2. Clip must include a shot of a robot
    competing in an OFFICIAL match played the week named in the thread.
    You can have crowd shots, reactions, split screens, grinders, SpaceX Boosters, etc. but you MUST have at least a full second of an FRC robot in the Gif some how some way.

3. You have to IDENTIFY the robot(s) and the match played in the submission thread.

Not kidding. IN YOUR SUBMISSION, ID THE ROBOT(S) AND THE MATCH PLAYED
I prefer the TBA match naming convention if you want to impress the judge.

1. First come, first served. If clips of the same event are submitted, the earlier submitted gif is the winner.

This can get a little tricky. Look to copyright law for guidance. If your gif is “transformative” (say you use the same clip but the REASON it is a better gif is that you added something creative or juxtaposed other items or in some way added a transformative element then MAYBE the judge will allow a reuse of that clip). Just like in the US legal system, it is going to be a roll of the dice. If you want to risk it, go for it. Eyes wide open. Read next rule.

1. I am the official arbitrator of disputes and rules interpretations.

Start your own dang contest if you are really that unhappy.
Really. Life is too short for this kind of nonsense.

Let’s have some fun.

Cheers,
Dr. Joe J.

Just as an example this is how an “insert image” gif looks:

See. It is not a link. The gif is just playing in the middle of my message.

Now I just have to have it meet the other rules…

Dr. Joe J.

Imgur page with the correct naming.

Was going to post this in the “Triple Tortuga” thread to revive it. Not a true Triple Tortuga, but a great homage.

2018 ORORE Qual 58, Teams 1432, 6959 and 2550 (Blue Alliance)

At the start of the clip, 6959 high centers themselves on the platform. Immediately after that, 1432 gets stuck under the scale plate. Offscreen (and not shown until after the match) 2550 disconnects in the Exchange Zone and remains that way for the rest of the match. Not a true “Triple Tortuga” since 2550 just DC’d and 1432 eventually does get unstuck, but still a fun throwback.

Due to the similarities between this year’s robot and 2016, we had to try an upper-decker shot with this years robot… If we give it enough curl I think we might be able to get it in the switch / exchange. I believe this was match 62 at Durham.

340 picking up 191 in 2018nyut_qm34

or:

340/2791 doing a double scale auto in 2018nyut_qf1m2

Team 88 begs the question - if you steal the head ref’s touchpad when he’s not looking, does he foul you for it? 2018mawor_qm24

862’s opposite side auton

2018scmb_qm20 6626, 1287

Ok. There MUST be a back story to this. Animosity between the teams? Something? The blue absolutely wrecked the red bot. Not saying it can’t be fixed, but that was beyond deliberate…

Have you ever stood in the driver station and attempting to control your robot during a match? 40 ft away with multiple vision obstructions and four other robots running around, I could absolutely believe that blue did that accidentally.

1 Like

Quals 14 2018 FIM District Kettering University Event #1

Reminded me of the blocking scene in “The Blind Side”.

2018nyut_sf1m2

2016 freeing 639 from under the scale. Highest match score overall so far (746).

FiM Southfield 67 in match 35

350 PENALTY POINTS!::ouch::

2016 managed to get 8 exchange cubes and free both alliance bots.:cool:

They should make the platforms stronger we we can dunk the cubes.