DRAG RACING SEASON YET?

Posted by PAUL GIANNOSA at 2/5/2001 10:49 PM EST

Engineer on team #27, TEAM RUSH, from OSMTECH and TEXTRON AUTOMOTIVE CO…

HEY. JUST GOT THE LATEST ISSUE OF THE NATIONAL DRAGSTER. I WISH MIDDLE OF APRIL WOULD GET HERE SOON. THE FIRST COMPITION WILL BE OVER. TEAM 27 WILL BE NATIONAL CHAMPS GETTING SET TO GO ON A WORLD TOUR. THE 78’ CAMARO WILL BE READY TO GO IN THE 9’S (ON MOTOR-NO LAUGHING GAS!) THE HOUSE WILL BE DONE. RINNG! RINNNGGGG!!! 6:00 AM GET UP!! TIME TO GO TO WORK! TIME TO MAKE THE ROBOT. TIME TO MAKE THE ROBOT!! THIS ROBOTICS THING IS KINDA LIKE DRAG RACING, YOU SPEND ALL YOUR SPARE AND NOT SO SPARE TIME WELDING, MACHINIG, SPENDING, ONLY TO GO TO A RACE AND HAVE IT ALL BREAK OR BLOWUP OR OCCASIONALLY GO FAST WIN A RACE AND IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS. HOW DO YOU MAKE A SMALL FORTUNE? START WITH A BIG ONE AND GO DRAG RACING OR F.I.R.S.TN’! BOTH SPORTS ARE A LOT OF FUN AND WORTH EVERY BIT OF BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS THAT YOU PUT INTO IT. YOU MEET A LOT OF REALLY GOOD PEOPLE IN BOTH, AND GET TO SEE IMMEADIATE DIVIDENDS OF YOUR TEAMS HARD WORK. I LOVE DOING BOTH AND I HOPE I WILL BE FORTUNNATE ENOUGH TO CONTINUE BE BE PART OF BOTH WORLDS. THESE FIRST PEOPLE ARE THE SORT THAT I ALWAYS WANT TO CONSIDER MYSELF PART OF. SEE YOU ALL @ THE COMPS AND MAYBE SOME OF YOU AT THE RACE TRACK!!! PMGRACER

Posted by Josh at 2/5/2001 11:15 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: DRAG RACING SEASON YET?
Posted by PAUL GIANNOSA on 2/5/2001 10:49 PM EST:

FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT’S GOOD AND HOLY! PLEASE TURN OFF THE CAPS!

Josh
Team 419
“Murphy’s Laws: If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don’t know what the hell is going on.”

Posted by Carrie at 2/9/2001 9:31 PM EST

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from OSMTech Academy and Textron.

In Reply to: DRAG RACING SEASON YET?
Posted by PAUL GIANNOSA on 2/5/2001 10:49 PM EST:

: HEY. JUST GOT THE LATEST ISSUE OF THE NATIONAL DRAGSTER. I WISH MIDDLE OF APRIL WOULD GET HERE SOON. THE FIRST COMPITION WILL BE OVER. TEAM 27 WILL BE NATIONAL CHAMPS GETTING SET TO GO ON A WORLD TOUR. THE 78’ CAMARO WILL BE READY TO GO IN THE 9’S (ON MOTOR-NO LAUGHING GAS!) THE HOUSE WILL BE DONE. RINNG! RINNNGGGG!!! 6:00 AM GET UP!! TIME TO GO TO WORK! TIME TO MAKE THE ROBOT. TIME TO MAKE THE ROBOT!! THIS ROBOTICS THING IS KINDA LIKE DRAG RACING, YOU SPEND ALL YOUR SPARE AND NOT SO SPARE TIME WELDING, MACHINIG, SPENDING, ONLY TO GO TO A RACE AND HAVE IT ALL BREAK OR BLOWUP OR OCCASIONALLY GO FAST WIN A RACE AND IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS. HOW DO YOU MAKE A SMALL FORTUNE? START WITH A BIG ONE AND GO DRAG RACING OR F.I.R.S.TN’! BOTH SPORTS ARE A LOT OF FUN AND WORTH EVERY BIT OF BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS THAT YOU PUT INTO IT. YOU MEET A LOT OF REALLY GOOD PEOPLE IN BOTH, AND GET TO SEE IMMEADIATE DIVIDENDS OF YOUR TEAMS HARD WORK. I LOVE DOING BOTH AND I HOPE I WILL BE FORTUNNATE ENOUGH TO CONTINUE BE BE PART OF BOTH WORLDS. THESE FIRST PEOPLE ARE THE SORT THAT I ALWAYS WANT TO CONSIDER MYSELF PART OF. SEE YOU ALL @ THE COMPS AND MAYBE SOME OF YOU AT THE RACE TRACK!!! PMGRACER

:: Paul,
We love you!!
~~Carrie27