Drive backward with new wpiLib RamseteCommand

What is the proper way to follow a path in reverse using the new wpiLib RamseteCommand? I used the example and created a few paths going forward that seemed to work well, but when I tried what I thought might make a backwards path (just put the end points behind the start point and keep the heading at zero). The robot wants to do an about face right at the start. I assume there is a proper way to do this, but I have not found any good docs for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, there is a proper way to follow a trajectory where the robot is backing up (this is the definition of reversed that WPILib uses). Take a look here to understand how this works.

4 Likes

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for

Hey, how can we follow backward paths
generated by path weaver?

In its current state, PathWeaver cannot generate reversed trajectories. This issue is being tracked here:

A workaround would be to copy the waypoints from PathWeaver and generate the reversed trajectory on the roboRIO. You can visit the documentation for generating a trajectory on the roboRIO here.

Hello all,

Say, I hate to point this out, but all of the links in this thread are broken. Is there anyway we can update them?

-Jim

Trajectory Generation — FIRST Robotics Competition documentation encompasses all the documentation linked. The issue link is still valid.

1 Like

Thanks