Drive team gear

I’m the driver for team 2102, team paradox, and my drive team and I decided that we wanted to make drive team shirts. I wanted to see what kind of shirts and things other teams have for some inspiration and ideas. Thanks.

2 Likes

Drive team-only snapbacks are essential. Buy a few extras for your alliance partners in elims.

4 Likes

166 drive team started wearing LED shoes this season

1 Like

2605 has worn capes designed from old leftover team shirts as well as green “squid hats” that be a resemblance to our mascot.

3 Likes

A 2053 trademark is when we make it to elims, to rip our sleeves off our team shirts and wear the sleeves as armbands, headbands etc. You can just clean rip em off and its very fun

8 Likes

I was pushing for “Robot Manager” and “Assistant to the Robot Manager” shirts for driver/operator, but the closest we ever got was Starry Night fanny packs (blue and yellow).

8 Likes

Umm… I’ll give you 5 stars for intimidation tactics, but do you make new shirts after every event you play in elims? Or do you sew the sleeves back on?

6 Likes

5568 Drive team members are typically wearing some type of fancy hat. Lately we’ve standardized it to multiple colors of tiny glittery cowboy hats but we did do toad hats and princess peach crowns for power up.

2 Likes

Lol we have tons of leftover shirts that we order. Also we usually only go to 1-2 events each year

1 Like

3656s drive team has maroon and gold knee high socks for drive team, I’m not sure how the tradition started other than that it was our 2017 drive team. We also collect the pins of our alliance when we make it to elims and put the buttons on our drive team backpack.

1 Like

Team 7127 (LongMetal) does Galaxy Snapbacks and can then customize their own.

Team 155 does Washer/Nut hats. But thats for the whole team. Same goes for 3182 with our felt hats.

I haven’t seen drive team exclusive shirts but i have seen other apparel. Good luck on your hunt and for your season!

1 Like

every year for our team our lead mentors will come up with and create a brand new drive team uniform. For power up we had a vest of some sort with EL wire on the back and for Deep space our drivers had jumpsuits that we customized. They all had name tags with nicknames for their various positions.
power up I couldn’t find a picture for
Deep space
Image result for FRC team 2619 robot

1 Like

So does whoever gets sent down during Alliance Selections do it when (being selected/becoming captain)?

Usually after alliance selection we gear up. Then we offer left over arm sleeves to other teams on our alliance

Team 461 (Westside Boiler Invasion) has special capes with our mascot on them for the driveteam. One of them even has Dean Kamen’s signature on it! The capes really help to distinguish our driveteam (and we have red ones for our chairman’s team too!!!)

1 Like

The local Ingersoll Rand had some pit shirts made for 3946 back in 2015. Black collars, epaulets, and torso, colored sleeves and yoke (in our case green). 3937 (our alliance captain that year) and 1448 (the team that did FRC Rhapsody that year) had the same shirts in different colors.

The bottom line is that if you search online for team shirts, pit crew shirts, and bowling shirts, you can find a dizzying array of stock uniform tops to serve as a base for your team’s branding; the hard part is selecting one.

1 Like

A couple of the teams in the Houston area provide the members of their drive teams with short sleeved, casual dress shirts the same colour as the t-shirts worn by the rest of the team. Some of them even wore ties in the team colour or a contrasting colour. They looked really sharp and professional.

1 Like

It’s all about the socks

3 Likes

I’ve heard that the drive team wore sparkly pink fedoras during the season before I joined the team, but the mentors hated them so much that they’ve hidden them from successive drive teams.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention: 4151 does a lot of team gear. Its mostly a BYO Pink item. They’re known for their tutus most of all, but they also have fedoras and cowboy hats. Nothing specific for driveteam, but I figured to mention it.

1 Like