DRIVE TRAIN/CHASIS IDEAS AND PLANS

Our team is having difficulty thinking of the right chasis design, drive train, and wheel type… :frowning: Any ideas? I know this is very broad, but I’m curious on your ideas and plans.

We’re going with a wide design, with locomotion similar to what 2404 built in 2008. You can search for their drivetrain on youtube.

Ok, ill check it out. we’re having trouble deciding between 4 or 6 wheels and which ones to have powered… and casters was brought up and lots of people like the idea. but i feel as though it might have trouble getting up the ramp… your thoughts?

Screw casters, buy some omni’s the same size as the rest of your wheels, and power those… It will be much better than casters, you wont regret it!

Ok Thanks, ya I just talked to some team members, and i dont think casters are being discussed anymore. I dont want casters. its not smart… But thank you.

Ignore the caster’s siren song. We used them last year. Fine on level ground if you don’t mind jerky direction changes, but I wouldn’t trust them going over something.

To quite Karthik, “There’s no best, it’s what’s best for your team”. What may be the best for one team in their experience may be the worst thing that’s ever happened to you. I’m not saying disregard other’s replies, but what works for them may not work for you.