Driver Station Error 7

When i try to to run my program to the rio i keep getting this error

ERROR  7  Call Library Function Node in WPI_CTRE_MotorController_Callback_SetOutput.vi:4940001->WPI_MotorControlSetOutput.vi->WPI_RobotDriveMotors.vi->WPI_RobotDriveTankDrive.vi->Teleop.vi->Robot Main.viLabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.

I cant find anything on this error and I don’t know whats happening that would cause this. Ive looked at past years code and it is the exact same without having this problem. What should I try?

2 Likes

Im getting the same Error and I’m working on it right now. I’v been having a lot of problems with Phoenix Tuner and my Rio. You may wanna look around there. .

I found something on reddit saying that you need to use the lifeboat, but ive tried and cant get it to go, it says its connected to the rio, but i cant get the software to download to the rio

Please see the answers in the following thread: Falcon 500 Programming Help

Tl,dr: you may need to re-start your roboRIO after doing a “Run as Startup” of a 2020 robot project for the libraries to be found correctly.

Interesting. Other posts say DO NOT use lifeboat for FRC

I’ll also look into it

This means that you don’t have the Phoenix libraries on the rio. In LabView, you have to do a permanent deploy once so they are moved over.

In Addition, there was a new version of Phoenix framework that you will need to use (if you aren’t already). Download that, install it, then permanently deploy code once to the roborio. Reboot your Rio and you’ll be set after that.

Make sure you have installed the new Phoenix framework. The original had labview deploy problems.

I figured it out. I had to grow through and update everything to the latest firmware, then it all worked fine.

how to I permanently deploy code? Do u mean build code?

Building code is compiling. It does not permanently move it to the rio. After you build, you need to run as startup to deploy it to the rio.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000001DcSNSA0&l=en-US

1 Like

Assuming you are doing labview, you click build specifications in the project main menu. One you click that, a tab opens below it. Right click and select build, once that finishes, do that again but run as startup. Restart the rio after

1 Like

This isn’t helping. i’m still getting this error and I cant drive my Talons.
ERROR  7  Call Library Function Node in CTRE_Phoenix_MotorControl_Set.vi:5580002->Teleop.vi->Robot Main.viLabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct

Your symptom is exactly explained by Tom’s suggestion. You must “build”, confirm success, then “run as deploy”, confirm success, and then restart-RIO (preferably with DS). This only needs to be done once after RIO-reimage.

Please confirm that this was done exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.