Drivers' station unable to make the second controller rumble

It seems that, when we manually command the second controller to rumble, it does not rumble. Whatever controller is in slot 0 seems to rumble as commanded, but whatever controller is in slot 1 does not. Switching slots switches the behavior.

Has anyone else seen this? It seems like a bug in the drivers’ station. Anyone know how to submit a bug report?

0 Likes

Do you have batteries in the controllers? My team was using a Microsoft Xbox controller and the rumble suddenly stopped working. We determined that the issue was if the controller cannot draw enough power off the USB connection alone and it does not have batteries in, it turns off the ability to rumble.

0 Likes

Those are wired controllers without batteries, and besides, as the op said, both controllers rumble fine but only when they are in slot 0 on the driverstation.

0 Likes

Is your rumble command only looking for the joystick in slot 0? We have joysticks that rumble in slot 2 and it seems to work fine.

0 Likes

He’s using the rumble test function in the Driver Station, not code on the roboRIO.

0 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize you can test it like that. Even so, I’m getting a response on multiple slots with multiple xBox controllers attached.

0 Likes