Driverstation Encoding Error?

This is how our DS looks like:

The problem is that part of our error logs is in Chinese (sorry if it’s not Chinese) and we can’t understand it.

When we try to copy and paste the Chinese we get this:
甀渀琀椀氀 昀爀愀洀攀猀 椀渀 琀栀攀 焀甀攀甀攀 栀愀瘀攀 戀攀攀渀 猀攀渀琀 愀渀搀 琀爀礀 愀最愀椀渀⸀

When we try to copy and paste the whole error we get:
BBegin.vi Robot Main.viThe transmission queue is full. Wait until frames in the queue have been sent and try again.  ÿ

And the strangest things of all is that after we copy and paste the DS will magically return to English and all further errors and logs will be in English until we close the DS and reopen it.

This is a picture of the same log that was in Chinese before we copy and paste it:

Any help on why this is happening and how it can be solved will be very appreciated!
Thank you!

1 Like

What language is the computer you are running the driver station on set to?

I think it is Hebrew.

We’re seeing it too,
But I think our computer language is English.

Besides that,
@Omer_Huly I saw above the Chinese that you got a issue with the CAN of one of your Spark Max.
We’re seeing similar message, but only with one of the two Spark Maxs on the robot.

Did you managed to solve it yet?

I am not sure we have that problem since that image was taken when not a single motor controller was connected.
But I can check it for you and pm you if you’ll like, feel free to pm me for further discussion on that.

Now, let’s focus on the topic: If it is indeed a computer language issue, does anybody here with a non English computer also sees Chinese in the DS logs?
@Lidor51 I would like you to check if your computer’s language is English or not and report back if that’s ok.
Thanks!

I checked right now, it’s English.

1 Like