Driving a servo with MOSFET

Yes

No. It will not switch the motor supply between 12V and 24V.

Is this for an application outside of FRC?

What motor are you wanting to use? Provide a spec sheet if it is not an FRC legal motor.

It may be possible to do what you want using some of the FRC motor controllers but we need the motor spec.

it’s one of my team’s task that given to me. it’s a hobby servo motor.

how can i fix this?

http://xyproblem.info/

Can you elaborate more on your task? What sort of motor is this? What do you need it to do?

2 Likes

@pinkfloyd You have been asked to provide more information many times in your other posts.

1 Like

You want to make a hobby servo motor do Task X. You assume that Task X requires the servo motor to switch between 12V and 24V.

No, it doesn’t. Trust me, it doesn’t.

Question 1:
Is Task X an application for FRC, or does it otherwise need to be FRC-legal? If the answer is “no”, then the answers are going to be wildly different than if the answer is “yes”–if the answer is “yes” then you really really really need to read the motor legality rules.

Question 2:
What is Task X?

Question 3:
Is there any particular reason to use a hobby servo motor?

Question 4:
WHICH hobby servo motor are you trying to use?
Question 4.a: And why would you think that you needed to switch voltages between 12 and 24? Most servomotors don’t work that way to my knowledge… they have other methods of control.

For right now, you need to stop and think about what you’re asking and why you’re needing to ask it. Can a circuit go between 12V and 24V, yes. But why would you do that if you can use something either simpler or COTS?